Windows 8 MSDN Sub Support needs more English speakers! [rant]

If this is in the wrong place, I apologize.

/rant

After this last issue with Win8, I'm rolling back to Win7. I went to bed at 2230 and woke at 0100. Win8 has lost it's activation. Just got off the phone with support, another non-English understanding person in India or somewhere. I explain the issue and this guy tells me some BS about getting a new key. I again try to explain to him that I have an MSDN sub and he tells me I have to wait till Win8 is released to the public and then I can buy it. I hung up on him after that. I mean WTF?!?!

So back to Win7, dump my MSDN sub.

/rant off

Ask for a Manager, Escalate your complaint

dont get angry on the phone....you wont get anywhere

Give Microsoft Corporate or the MSDN Subscriptions team a call over in the USA, as soon as you mention a refund I can guarantee you'll get expedited English support!

• Like 1

I will ask you explain how Windows got suddenly deactivated? Even if it got deactivated, it must activate again if you put in the same MSDN key as the hardware gets bound to the key during first activation, isn't it? If not, you can always try phone activation. If it is a MAK key, it should activate no problem.

As long as you have genuine MSDN key, there is no question of being unactivated.

Also, next time after activation, backup your activation using the method posted here

I don't want to turn this in to a Microsoft vs Apple thing but whenever I've called Apple I always get an American who is easy to understand. I live in England so I guess I always get routed to their American call centre or something. Get what ya pay for folks.

I don't want to turn this in to a Microsoft vs Apple thing but whenever I've called Apple I always get an American who is easy to understand. I live in England so I guess I always get routed to their American call centre or something. Get what ya pay for folks.

Apple's European tech support is based in Ireland. Even all the Dutch or Flemish (Belgium Dutch) speaking agents are located there.

Apple's European tech support is bases in Ireland. Even all the Dutch or Flemish (Belgium Dutch) speaking tech support people are located there.

Strange, I've never got an irish speaker when calling them, always american. Maybe this has something to do with the IRA thing. I imagine a lot of irish call centre people will get abuse from the older generation of english folks for the bombings and such, I know my friend who used to work in a call centre would get that sometimes from the elderly especially.

Strange, I've never got an irish speaker when calling them, always american. Maybe this has something to do with the IRA thing. I imagine a lot of irish call centre people will get abuse from the older generation of english folks for the bombings and such, I know my friend who used to work in a call centre would get that sometimes from the elderly especially.

If there are quite a few Dutch and Flemish people working at Apple in Ireland I see no reason why there wouldn't be any Americans as well. I spoke with an Irish agent once, all the way back in 2004. Couldn't understand a word he was saying. At one point I actually asked him whether he was speaking English. :laugh:

• Like 1

If there are quite a few Dutch and Flemish people working at Apple in Ireland I see no reason why there wouldn't be any Americans as well. I spoke with an Irish agent once, all the way back in 2004. Couldn't understand a word he was saying. At one point I actually asked him if he was speaking English. :laugh:

Good point.

I just love how people jump the gun and start calling names to tech people even without understanding OP's actual problem.

Meh, ask if your problem can be escalated to a team leader or programs manager and aks for it to be done whilst your on the phone, dont ask for a callback or anything like that because it wont happen most of the time.

I have worked for a few call centres and there are alot of campaigns I can confirm have only English speakers, but there are a few indian. So you may have just been unlucky in getting one.

Recognizable?

That was about my experience.

Hmm. Vice, You've convinced me. When you sending me my new Mac?

Anyways, I will be contacting Corporate later, just to see what can be done if anything. As for the activation: I reformatted after making this post and it's fine.

I will ask you explain how Windows got suddenly deactivated? Even if it got deactivated, it must activate again if you put in the same MSDN key as the hardware gets bound to the key during first activation, isn't it? If not, you can always try phone activation. If it is a MAK key, it should activate no problem.

As long as you have genuine MSDN key, there is no question of being unactivated.

Also, next time after activation, backup your activation using the method posted here

MS can ban keys, we had it happen at work to OEM keys, that we got drug in the mud over..... we bought them and MS still banned them because someone else in the world either stole them somehow or figured them out... MS forced us to buy new licenses basically... even the OEM provider (newegg) said they can't do anything about it after MS revokes a key...

Key revocation does happen a good bit, but the problem is how to prove to MS that you are the owner, because they don't want to hear it even if you have a reciept... got us no where

• Like 1

MS can ban keys, we had it happen at work to OEM keys, that we got drug in the mud over..... we bought them and MS still banned them because someone else in the world either stole them somehow or figured them out... MS forced us to buy new licenses basically... even the OEM provider (newegg) said they can't do anything about it after MS revokes a key...

Key revocation does happen a good bit, but the problem is how to prove to MS that you are the owner, because they don't want to hear it even if you have a reciept... got us no where

Happened to us twice after we had purchased Win7. Once with a Pro license and once with Home Premium.

MS can ban keys, we had it happen at work to OEM keys, that we got drug in the mud over..... we bought them and MS still banned them because someone else in the world either stole them somehow or figured them out... MS forced us to buy new licenses basically... even the OEM provider (newegg) said they can't do anything about it after MS revokes a key... Key revocation does happen a good bit, but the problem is how to prove to MS that you are the owner, because they don't want to hear it even if you have a reciept... got us no where

I think I would take it to court purely for principle if that happened to me, MS choose to either provide new licenses or pay 10x that in court

This is why I liked the OEM BIOS mod with ( legally purchased ) Windows 7. I hate activation plus I hate speaking with people I can't understand over the phone. At the end of the day, legitimate users are the only ones being affected.

Maybe we all should become pirate_arrr.gifs then we wouldn't have to worry about dealing with crap like this. /s

I think I would take it to court purely for principle if that happened to me, MS choose to either provide new licenses or pay 10x that in court

We did file a lawsuit against them, and it was thrown out, they filed a motion to squash it and they won pretty fast

they quickly reacted with a suprise software license audit of our company after that..... yay us...

This is why I liked the OEM BIOS mod with ( legally purchased ) Windows 7. I hate activation plus I hate speaking with people I can't understand over the phone. At the end of the day, legitimate users are the only ones being affected.

that why Microsoft changed that

so many people abused it with W7/8

now even if you buy OEM PC you are required to activate it once you turn it on

We did file a lawsuit against them, and it was thrown out, they filed a motion to squash it and they won pretty fast

they quickly reacted with a suprise software license audit of our company after that..... yay us...

that sucks :/ MS could sue you to Mars with all it lawyers