Nokia set to unveil 'Arrow' and 'Phi' Windows Phone 8 hands

Nokia is planning to unveil two new Windows Phone 8 devices at a joint event with Microsoft on September 5th. Sources familiar with the two companies' plans have revealed that Nokia is working on an "Arrow" Windows Phone 8 device that is set to be announced alongside a "Phi" handset. Both the devices are said to be part of Nokia's Lumia range, with the Arrow and Phi codenames serving as temporary monikers.

AT&T will stock Nokia's Phi handset initially as an exclusive hero device, expected to feature a large curved glass display as the successor to the Lumia 800 and 900 range, complete with the typical polycarbonate body. The Arrow Windows Phone 8 handset is said to be a mid-range one that will be available on AT&T and T-Mobile in the US. An almost identical variant, codenamed Atlas, will also be available on the Verizon network ? but its announcement is likely to come later. A prototype device and parts for Nokia's Windows Phone 8 devices have leaked to the internet in recent weeks, but Microsoft and Nokia will unveil the final design of both handsets next month.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/23/3259828/nokia-arrow-phi-lumia-windows-phone

YES!!! cant wait to hear specs. And then its only a matter of time until we hear about contract prices and handset prices :D :D omg i cant wait.

If anything they're probably going to be tweaked Lumia 900 designs or the mid-range one could be a tweaked 710 design at the least. I don't honestly expect anything too different from the 800, 900.

If anything they're probably going to be tweaked Lumia 900 designs or the mid-range one could be a tweaked 710 design at the least. I don't honestly expect anything too different from the 800, 900.

which I'd honestly be fine with, I quite like the look of the 900

I hope they look like the Lumia 800 or 900. The 710 is actually a recycled design from the old Symbian nokia phones. I don't want that at all!

not even in the mid range! id go for Lumia 610 like phone over the 710. But with little advancements it would be super if their whole line from low to high is polycarbonate unibody designs!!! with AMOLEDS ofcourse!...

I hope white (if I decide on white or a WP in general)is ready at launch. It would be nice for nokia to have like 3 or 4 colors and say here choose.

A bit off topic but Nokias stock jumped up 11% today on the news about these 2 devices it seems. Closed at $3.20 today fwiw, if things keep going right and theres some more Verizon Nokia news then the stock will break back over $4 soon.