40 posts in this topic

10.8.1 works well on my hack :)

This seems to have fixed the screen flicker issue I had on the login screen as well for me.

Same here.

Same here.

Back again for me.. so strange sometimes its there and sometimes its not. As if the graphic driver is not loaded fully at the login screen sometimes, hope Apple fixes it, it is quite annoying.

It happened frequently with the GM build, haven't seen it after updating to v10.8.1.

My 2010 with "high-end" video card does struggle more with graphical effects than it did under OS X Lion. Personally I think it's ludicrous Aqua was coded in a way it requires so much processing power.

It happened frequently with the GM build, haven't seen it after updating to v10.8.1.

My 2010 with "high-end" video card does struggle more with graphical effects than it did under OS X Lion. Personally I think it's ludicrous Aqua was coded in a way it requires so much processing power.

Do you have the auto brightness turned on your Mac? I think thats the culprit to this issue... when my screen brightness change slightly I noticed a quick flicker on my screen when using my iMac (not the login screen). Although the login screen when turning on will flicker very badly for a while (which isn't much of an issue i spend what like 3 seconds on the login screen)

The iMac doesn't have auto brightness, at least the 2010 model doesn't.

The iMac doesn't have auto brightness, at least the 2010 model doesn't.

http://i.imgur.com/j0xTa.png[/i

Maybe its just the 2011 model and onwards? so that can't be the issue then hmm meh

Nope, I don't have that option. Can't say I care for it either. It would be the first thing I turn off when getting a new one. :p

Sometime this week maybe, i've got it and animations still lag at times.

838158199.png

When will 10.8.2 be out?

My educated guess would be the day iOS 6 goes public or shortly thereafter due to enabled Facebook support in v10.8.2.

I'm in the UK and it's now showing up in my Software Update panel in App Store. Is this just me? :D lol

I'm in the UK and it's now showing up in my Software Update panel in App Store. Is this just me? :D lol

10.8.2? Not for me :s

10.8.2? Not for me :s

10.8.1 I mean ... I still can't see it!

You said "now" instead of "not" :p