Photo

What is Neowin's stance on Microsoft ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: What is Neowin's stance on Microsoft ?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What is Neowin's stance on Microsoft ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 22,423 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 23 August 2012 - 23:11

Neowin is mostly neutral regarding Microsoft. They are co-operating with MS (example: the recent Outlook.com news and forum thread), yes, but also not afraid of calling MS out on not so good ideas (example: Windows 8 frontpage news).

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:23

I feel Neowin is pretty pro everything, including Windows and OS X and Linux.

#18 +sanke1

sanke1

• 2,707 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:31

I was gonna choose Pro Microsoft but due to recent article of Mr Neobond which criticised Windows 8 inconsistencies, I voted for Neutral.

#19 z0phi3l

z0phi3l

Neowinian

• 3,945 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:31

Of all the Tech sites I know, Neowin is pretty much the only truly neutral site, it covers any and all equally

#20 Stefano Elia

Stefano Elia

Neowinian

• 260 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:48

As Tim mentioned earlier in the thread, I think that's pretty spot on. Neowin generally focusses on Microsoft news more than other subjects these days, because those coming to Neowin have a certain expectation to see Microsoft news. There has and always will be I suspect, general news being posted on Neowin, I certainly like to report on stories that I feel strongly about, where ever they're coming from, but I think the focus of Neowin right now is Microsoft.

The angle however, in which that news is covered differs with each reporter. Some will leave their personal opinions to editorials, but particularly with Neowin's change in journalistic reporting style, it has and will always I suspect, shine through with some reporters of their personal opinion on the matter. The site's motto does include after all, "unprofessional journalism". With this site's particular history and experience in reporting Microsoft news though, there is a form of co-operation between Neowin and Microsoft which Mephistopheles points out, and that could sometimes be interpretted as a 'pro' view. I do think though that if there is any wrong doing on Microsoft's part that the Neowin team won't hesitate to report it and publish it in a way that represents the consumers interest.

In other words, I think Neowin's stance moves quietly around the neutral point, depending on the reporter as well as the story that they're reporting.

#21 GuJu

GuJu

Neowinian Astronomer

• 2,573 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:51

why does Neowin as a whole need to have a stance on Microsoft? Its YOU not the entity that has an opinion

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!