• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,288 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:11

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — U.S. Anti-Doping Agency chief executive Travis Tygart says the agency will ban Lance Armstrong from cycling for life and strip him of his seven Tour de France titles for doping.

Armstrong on Thursday night dropped any further challenges to USADA's allegations that he took performance-enhancing drugs to win cycling's premier event from 1999-2005.

Armstrong says USADA doesn't have the authority to vacate his Tour titles. However, Tygart told The Associated Press that USADA can do it.

Tygart called the Armstrong case a "heartbreaking" example of a win-at-all costs approach to sports.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1826642.html

#2 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:26

I use to admire him. How the mighty has fallen.

#3 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:36

I use to admire him. How the mighty has fallen.

How did he fall? They haven't proven anything, and after years of harassment he finally just threw in the towel. He hasn't admitted to anything, NONE of their accusations have stuck.

He merely decided to just let them claim whatever they want. They also can't strip him of his titles either. The only authority that can has stated they back Lance & not the USADA.

So basically they are just throwing around accusations and acting like little children.

He's still the man who beat cancer, and won 7 times.

#4 Guest_LiquidCrystalMeth_*

Guest_LiquidCrystalMeth_*

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:42

No surprises really, no sane person thought he won even one of those fairly and cleanly.

Long overdue for him to be outed as fricking cheat.

#5 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• 3,435 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:49

Funny that no proof has appeared for this. Ironic too how this is a govt. organization and the same big govt. judicial system declined to step in.

#6 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:49

No surprises really, no sane person thought he won even one of those fairly and cleanly.

Except he wasn't...

All the tests came back clean over the last 13-years with the exception of a single test in 1999, and that was due to a cream used for saddle sores. He fought it for years. He decided to focus on the charity work & his family instead of continuing to fight for even more additional years.

I can't blame him to be honest. Why keep fighting when their tactics were basically something that looked like this: :hump:

#7 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

• 1,768 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:52

Innocent until proven guilty, anyone?

#8 Cute James

Cute James

Neowinian

• 984 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:54

Lance Armstrong is a living legend, and a hero to many.

If the authorities are unable to provide any evidence of doping, his records, achievements, and integrity should remain untouched.

#9 Panda X

Panda X

Neowinian

• 1,424 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:14

'I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999,'' he said. ''The toll this has taken on my family and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today - finished with this nonsense.''

USADA reacted quickly and treated Armstrong's decision as an admission of guilt, hanging the label of drug cheat on an athlete who was a hero to thousands for overcoming life-threatening testicular cancer and for his foundation's support for cancer research.

Yeah, outed... :rolleyes:

#10 excalpius

excalpius

Neowinian Senior

• 4,573 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:24

So far, all I can find is that the USADA has the testimony of one (anonymous) person. No failed tests. No physical evidence. Nothing.

I need a lot more than that before I throw in the towel on any man.

Anyone else have more info/evidence here?

Ironic too how this is a govt. organization and the same big govt. judicial system declined to step in.

The USADA is NOT a government organization.

And the judge in charge only said his court did not have jurisdiction. Which seems to happen a LOT when a given court...doesn't have jurisdiction...ahem.

#11 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• 2,416 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:26

I think he probably did dope.. or at least it wouldn't shock me in the least.. But with that said..

The USADA can't really do much.. it would be like Canada saying it's gonna take away the Stanley Cup from the LA Kings.. We can say it all we wan't, but we have no authority to do so..

#12 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,746 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:29

The man came back from cancer. Even if the doping allegations were slightly true, they should cut Armstrong some slack.

#13 webdev511

webdev511

Neowinian

• 212 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:31

The USADA can't really do much.. it would be like Canada saying it's gonna take away the Stanley Cup from the LA Kings.. We can say it all we wan't, but we have no authority to do so..

Yeah I'm waiting for the ICU to say something like "Well USADA, do what you think you need to, but we won't strip titles based on hearsay. Bu-bye now."

#14 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

• 22,400 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:34

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

#15 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,742 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:35

these guys are on a witch hunt. really, until you have physical evidence,you can **** off.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!