How do you keep the drunk you in check ?

So as the title suggests, when you have had a skin full and want to do all the crazy things that suddenly become a good idea with no consequence, how do you stay in control, what are your methods of self-restraint ?

--

My biggest problem after a good drink is loud music, my fianc?e knows when I have had my fill, all my technical knowledge goes out the window, so something as simple as plugging the surround system into the microphone port has successfully confused me enough to have to sit in silence for the rest of the night cursing the PC and fumbling about in device manager :rofl:

What are your drunken sins, and how are they kept in check ?

I start crying about anything...

I lost your keys i'm so sorryyyyyyyyyyyy :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And why would I want to keep it at bay? That's where the fun stories come later!!!! :p

Oddly enough regardless of the amount of drink I'm always a nice guy. I've only had one incident where I do not recall all the events of the evening.

It was later told to me by everyone that I acted completely normal and was pleasant and polite. It only became evident that I was totally intoxicated when I excused myself to vomit in the restroom.

That was about 3 years ago, and is the only time that has ever occurred. Otherwise I just relax a bit, but stay completely in control. As to how I do it? Not a clue.

Oddly enough regardless of the amount of drink I'm always a nice guy. I've only had one incident where I do not recall all the events of the evening.

It was later told to me by everyone that I acted completely normal and was pleasant and polite. It only became evident that I was totally intoxicated when I excused myself to vomit in the restroom.

That was about 3 years ago, and is the only time that has ever occurred. Otherwise I just relax a bit, but stay completely in control. As to how I do it? Not a clue.

I'm oddly the same way

I start talking loudly and get horny as hell when I'm drunk. My wife knows that when I start touching her boobs in public it's time for me to quit and go home. Nowadays due mostly to the rise of drive by shooting in almost any public place were I prefer to buy the booze and enjoy it at home with friends.

When I drink, I become Good Guy Greg, Buy everyone's drinks/rounds and pick up everyone's tab. I'm the motivator of any group. I go out of my way to make sure everyone I'm with has fun regardless if I am myself. I can never drink too much, but always drink more than everyone else lol. I am tech savvy even with double vision.

When I drink, I become Good Guy Greg, Buy everyone's drinks/rounds and pick up everyone's tab. I'm the motivator of any group. I go out of my way to make sure everyone I'm with has fun regardless if I am myself. I can never drink too much, but always drink more than everyone else lol. I am tech savvy even with double vision.

I used to be like that, described as the life and soul of the party, something happened/changed, not sure what, but I'm good and fun up to a point, but I can go past fun now and scare myself with the outcome, no idea what happened, didn't even know that part of me existed, but seems it does and apparently has no fear and I have no memory the next day.

Also I notice I become 16-20 again, I listen to 90s music and remember all the fun I had back then.

I used to be like The Laughing Man.

Become overly generous, buying rounds even for people I don't know.

Trying too hard to be Mr. Nice Guy.

That sh*t got me broke more often than I cared for.

Nowadays, I do most of my drinking at home, on my porch on weekends mostly.

I stopped drinking. Completely for 7 or so years, and since then I have drank no more than 10 times (that is in the past 5 years). I just don't like drinking anymore even now that I can control it. I prefer other ways of winding down.

I stopped drinking. Completely for 7 or so years, and since then I have drank no more than 10 times (that is in the past 5 years). I just don't like drinking anymore even now that I can control it. I prefer other ways of winding down.

I think I finally worked that out for myself the other night, usually I would enjoy a good few days getting out of it and spending money I shouldn't, but this time I woke up ill, got better and decided I prefer sober and well over drunk and ill

Brain must be finally catching up with body.

I used to be like The Laughing Man.

Become overly generous, buying rounds even for people I don't know.

Trying too hard to be Mr. Nice Guy.

That sh*t got me broke more often than I cared for.

Nowadays, I do most of my drinking at home, on my porch on weekends mostly.

Sounds just like me back in the days.. ohh all the money blown away for girls out and yeah people I ain't knew :wacko: . But that was then, now I rather taking advantage of manipulating my friends to pay for this and that (possitively of course), but I ain't going out almost at all so ;) I love to chill at homepartys and maybe BBQ now in the summertimes.

Sounds kinda weird but if I'm going out to have fun and relax then I will drink until it doesn't taste good, I'm sure it's not just me that finds alcohol starts to taste bad when you are getting past the tipsy stage. At that point I either call it quits or sit and sober for a little while then get some more booze but drink it really slowly. If I'm going out to go wild then I just take a certain amount of money with me and leave everything at home and if I run out of money and get stuck somewhere then that's sober Stephen's problem. Once woke up on a beach with my hands and feet in a carrier bag... worst morning ever but also my best drunk story ever so kinda evens itself out :p