Surf safely on Android with the new, Free Webroot SecureWeb app!

Stay safe from malicious sites when surfing the web on Android by using the new, free Webroot SecureWeb.

SecureWeb automatically syncs with Webroot's advanced URL reputation database for real-time protection and alerts users before visiting malicious websites.

SecureWeb also enables password management for Webroot?s PC users so that passwords can be securely accessed while on the go.

To download Webroot SecureWeb for Android please visit the Webrtoot SecureWeb for Android on Google Play page.

Check it out folks and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks !

Not only a free alternative but one that is backed by the Webroot Intelligence Network :) You may also want to check out our recently updated Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile for Android product which you can download here.

Never installed security apps on my phone. For one, I am smart with what I do/download and I wipe my phone often trying out new ROMs or upgrading the one I am currently running. But I know a few people this would be good for. :)

I can understand that given the openness of Android, which of course gives you the ability to "tinker" with ROM's etc that you may not want a security app, but I would say that it's better to be safe. Beyond the antivirus component, SecureAnywhere Mobile for Android also contains the handy Device Locate, Device Lock, Device SCREAM and SMS blocking features as well.

Never installed security apps on my phone. For one, I am smart with what I do/download and I wipe my phone often trying out new ROMs or upgrading the one I am currently running. But I know a few people this would be good for. :)

I can understand that given the openness of Android, which of course gives you the ability to "tinker" with ROM's etc that you may not want a security app, but I would say that it's better to be safe. Beyond the antivirus component, SecureAnywhere Mobile for Android also contains the handy Device Locate, Device Lock, Device SCREAM and SMS blocking features as well.

The issue with malware and Android is people doing stupid stuff. Like downloading apps from random sites/illegal downloads...or from clicking on things they shouldnt. So I am not worried. And I know where my phone is at all times so not worried on losing it.

The Galaxy S3 offers those features with Samsung Dive. Do you know if there's any advantage to using SecureAnywhere?

Yes SecureAnywhere offers a lot more features than Samsung Dive. With SecureAnywhere Mobile fro Android you also get Antivirus protection, Secure Web Browsing, Device Scream (totally usefull even if you just can't find your device in the same room :woot: ) and Call & SMS Blocking. All of the security/lost device features can be activated via SMS, so you are not limited to having to log on to a seperate site. If you were to subscribe to SecureAnywhere Complete protection for PCs and Macs, you also get a bunch of cloud storage that will syncronize with not only the cloud, but all of your devices. All of these features are easily managed using your personal My Webroot account portal.

The Galaxy S3 offers those features with Samsung Dive. Do you know if there's any advantage to using SecureAnywhere?