Mom Arrested After 12 Year-Old Girl Caught Stealing Food

CINCINNATI ?- A woman is facing charges after her daughter was caught shoplifting.

Police said the 12-year-old girl was stealing food from a Walmart on Colerain Avenue when she was caught. Security officials noted the girl appeared thin and had bruises on her body.

After an investigation, police charged Felicia Griffin with child endangering. Investigators said Griffin beat the girl with a belt and a stick.

?I?m just shocked by the whole thing,? said neighbor Wilma Rainey.

The girl told authorities that Griffin rarely fed her, and doctors said the girl was malnourished.

?Her two children are in foster care at this time. They are safe, which is our number one concern. We?re investigating,? said Brian Gregg, of the Hamilton County Job and Family Services. ?We have previous allegations against this woman when the girls were very young. We want to get to the bottom of what happened here, and we want to determine what is the ongoing plan for these young girls going forward.?

Griffin was ordered held on $5,000 bond on Friday.

source

Misleading title. She wasn't arrested because her daughter was shoplifting. She was arrested because of her abusive child-raising.

It's says "Mom Arrested AFTER..." not "Mom Arrested BECAUSE OF..."

It's says "Mom Arrested AFTER..." not "Mom Arrested BECAUSE OF..."

Yes, some people don't understand English. ;)

And I wonder if Mom beat them into stealing.

The title is misleading.

Misleading title. She wasn't arrested because her daughter was shoplifting. She was arrested because of her abusive child-raising.

I agree.