rMBP Internet Recovery

Hey Guys,

I've decided to finally go the route of trashing my entire hard drive and reinstalling Mountain Lion as a clean install instead of the upgrade from Lion I originally performed. I figured I'd quickly test Internet Recovery and noticed that it booted into OS X Lion, not Mountain Lion. Any idea what could be causing this? Is anybody else seeing the same thing?

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I've decided to finally go the route of trashing my entire hard drive and reinstalling Mountain Lion as a clean install instead of the upgrade from Lion I originally performed. I figured I'd quickly test Internet Recovery and noticed that it booted into OS X Lion, not Mountain Lion. Any idea what could be causing this? Is anybody else seeing the same thing?

Thanks

Yes. I did that too and at first I saw Lion's recovery, just like you did. So I booted up from a pendrive with Mountain Lion, partitioned the drive and installed ML. :)

Yeah, thats what I'm doing now, as long as it's not something 'wrong' with my Serial Number. The way I see it, Apple should detect which serials have been upgraded via AppStore and Up-to-Date Program and issue the ML Internet Recovery applet instead.

Yeah, thats what I'm doing now, as long as it's not something 'wrong' with my Serial Number. The way I see it, Apple should detect which serials have been upgraded via AppStore and Up-to-Date Program and issue the ML Internet Recovery applet instead.

Hmm... Didn't know that, but I'm sure you won't get installation problems regarding serials. This is very unlikely. Also, I couldn't wait for Apples redeem code (took too long) and I bought ML from the AppStore. Now I have two licenses... :/

Internet Recovery has no link to your Apple ID or anything. I am sure it requires a firmware update from Apple to update the Internet Recovery from Lion to ML.

I am sure it requires a firmware update from Apple to update the Internet Recovery from Lion to ML.

That really sucks, was hoping to run an Internet Recovery to go directly to 10.8.1 instead of 10.8.0 via the InstallESD.dmg I have.

That really sucks, was hoping to run an Internet Recovery to go directly to 10.8.1 instead of 10.8.0 via the InstallESD.dmg I have.

I may be wrong because I am sure OS X Lion install is 10.7.1? and not the initial 10.7 release? Not sure how Apple handle it really.

Did you macbook pro come with Lion or Mountain Lion installed, or was it Lion with option of ML upgrade?

Then re-download Mountain Lion with the already integreated 10.8.1. update.

btw, there is a delay of sometimes weeks before newest version of Mac OS X appears in the internet recovery - it is annoying hence I go and create a thumb drive, wipe the whole hard disk and then do a clean install.