The United Nations scoffed on Friday at claims by a judge in Lubbock County, Texas, that U.N. troops could invade the southern U.S. state to settle a possible civil war, which the judge warned could be sparked if Obama is re-elected in November.

"It's absolutely ridiculous," said U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's spokesman, Martin Nesirky, when asked if the United Nations had any plans to invade Texas.

He later added: "No one, not even the United Nations, would ever mess with Texas."

He was responding to comments from Tom Head, a county judge in Lubbock who told a local Fox News station on Monday that taxes needed to be raised so the county could prepare for contingencies if Obama was re-elected for a second term.

"He (Obama) is going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N. What's going to happen when that happens? I'm thinking worst case scenario -- civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe," Head said.

"What's going happen ... if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops, I don't want them in Lubbock County. I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carriers and say 'You're not coming in here,'" he said.

And Head told Fox News that he has the backing of his local sheriff. "I've already asked him 'Are you going to back me?' and he said 'Yeah I'll back you.'"

source

I think it's pretty safe to say that the UN would have zero interest in getting involved in any civil unrest in America! And I think the world knows that fruitbats like that guy aren't representative of Americans generally ;)

^ Yeah -- not too likely:

The U.S. has been the largest financial supporter of the U.N. since the organization?s founding in 1945. The U.S. is currently assessed 22 percent of the U.N. regular budget and more than 27 percent of the U.N. peacekeeping budget.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2010/08/us-funding-of-the-united-nations-reaches-all-time-high

The U.S. has been the largest financial supporter of the U.N. since the organization?s founding in 1945. The U.S. is currently assessed 22 percent of the U.N. regular budget and more than 27 percent of the U.N. peacekeeping budget.

And the US has veto powers as a permanent member of the UN Security Council, so it could only happen if the US approved or abstained from voting. Obviously that would never happen for political reasons and even if the US were to take any action it would use its own troops rather than going through the UN.

It's just nonsensical political posturing targeted at moron voters. Anybody swayed by such rhetoric should be sterilised.

lets just start charging people who try to insight a civil war with comments like this with treason... that will shut them up fast... oh wait... no they will say it's Obama pulling Nazi tatics to silence his oposition

1) He lives in Texas.

2) He's a Republican.

3) He's a racist.

Need I say more?

Liberal talking point. people don't like him... scream racist. geez, at least I have varying vocabulary and talking points.. but i suppose since trayvons death, the obama/holder plan is to allow executing white people (As per black panthers)

http://youtu.be/o1lFk-zoN04

need I say more? you fall for the race card/race war hook,line and sinker. ANYONE who has spoken out against obama's policies are IMMEDIATELY labelled racist. this is the lefts Trojan horse. now they have their excuse to label whites as racist but blacks don't get labelled racist. reverse discrimination? no such thing...

Hell my wife was told on the bus that, obama is going to get in office.. "to keep your whites asses in line." I was there. ((pre 2008 election for clarity)) Added*

One silly judge has a skewed point of view. Fox News picks up on it and demands answers from the U.N. which is quite funny.

I don't know if he's raciest or whatever, personally I don't care. I don't agree with his thinking and I'm sure the majority doesn't as the US can take care of itself.

Chris, your comments are not varied as you speak from only from one direction and always stand your ground.

lets just start charging people who try to insight a civil war with comments like this with treason... that will shut them up fast... oh wait... no they will say it's Obama pulling Nazi tatics to silence his oposition

Do you really want most Democrats in Washington arrested for treason?

Do you really want most Democrats in Washington arrested for treason?

:rofl:

Honestly, I think they are pretty equal with the stupid threats that could maybe be classified as treason if acted on

Wow... you Americans take your Politics WAY to seriously!

It's just a small group that is way too vocal.. when you look at the country as a whole its not that many that go this far into politics

Friggin Texans...... I think we need to find a way to break the whole state off and let it sink into the ocean.

lol and which "ocean" would you like it to sink into?

musa.gif