• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 OP +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 29 August 2012 - 15:09

Games For Windows Live works fine, you just need to download the updated installer. You should find the latest installer here.

That made no difference. Fable III still loads to a black screen with the custom pointer. Lastest nVidia drivers, latest GFWL.

#17 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 August 2012 - 23:52

That made no difference. Fable III still loads to a black screen with the custom pointer. Lastest nVidia drivers, latest GFWL.

I own Fable III. Let me install it and see what happens on my end here. Note I am using an AMD card, so that may cause a bit of a difference.

#18 ManMountain

ManMountain

Neowinian

• Phone: LG Nexus 5

Posted 30 October 2012 - 20:22

Batman Arkham City and Batman Arkham Asylum both GFWL titles don't work correctly for me. The usual pressing of the END key does not bring the profile selection dropdown, so while the game may work you can't actually save anything because you can't access your profile.

Edit: Fixed for me, simply just uninstalled everything related to GFWL, rebooted and re-installed the client and it's working again :)

#19 Tech085

Tech085

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:24

I finally have Windows 8 that I bought installed, Diablo III works fine for me ;)

#20 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:28

The only time I had problems with games is when I had hyperv installed, hyperv has some low level processes that run that slow games down a bit. Otherwise for me, gaming is faster in win8 for me.