Windows XP-like Windows Embedded POS 2009 Supported Until 2019

Alot of windows xp haters.... It is from 2001 yet the kernel is still more advanced then linux latest nightly build :lol:

So what does that say about 7's? ;)

It's not Windows XP though. It's built off of the XP base and uses the XP theme, but like name "PoSReady 2009" says, it came out 3 years ago. 10 years is far far less than the lifetime of Windows XP (14 years), and it's designed for point of sale terminals, not desktops. It's missing 1/3 of what XP has, and uses almost 2/3 less hard drive space.

It's not XP, and this thread should be closed as it's misleading and inaccurate.

• Like 2

Alot of windows xp haters.... It is from 2001 yet the kernel is still more advanced then linux latest nightly build :lol:

Are you ****ing me?!

XP can't scale from Mobile Devices, to TVs, to EB Memory Server Arrays, Linux can and does!

You're not just old, but you've gone senile. The Linux Kernel is far more advanced than Windows XP's Kernel. You cold debate the Windows 7 or Windows 8 Kernel, sure, but not XP.

Have fun with your outdated programs, old drivers, ageing compatible hardware and manual updates.Maybe it's time to move to another OS all together because Windows will never go back to being XP and sooner or later it will die or at least the support will become non existent and then all your clutching at straws will have been nothing more than a waste of time.

Cool, too bad new browsers, Direct X 10 - 11.1, games, and various other security solutions within the newer OS's aren't included in that support. XP is 15 years old, give it up.

Misleading title is misleading. Consumer version of XP (not POS - point of sale or piece of ...) support ends 2014. As much as I love Windows XP, it really is time to move on...hardware has evolved, and Windows XP just doesn't use hardware as efficiently as Windows 7/8 do.

AS much as I liked XP, probably best to install at least Win 7 before the year is out - it may not be to your liking but at least you can look for something else whilst knowing your pretty up to date.

If your point is that you can use these updates to keep using XP, then you failed to properly say that in OP

From OP...

It's basically Windows XP SP3 and will receive updates until April 2019. :laugh: I'm running it now on a VM and it basically uses the same updates as regular XP.

@Orange Battery, it's installed on my E: drive but I never boot into it. Can't stand it.

Interesting - so those running xp (like i do in a dual boot) could manually update their system. Potentially, Microsoft may still publish on Windows updates after the cut off - but not officially. Only time will tell.

In any case, I don't think I'll have XP installed on any systems by 2014... Ubuntu will hopefully have replaced it permanently.

Cool, too bad new browsers, Direct X 10 - 11.1, games, and various other security solutions within the newer OS's aren't included in that support. XP is 15 years old, give it up.

New browsers? You mean IE? Who would use that infestation of a browser? FF or Chrome are leap years ahead and they have no plans to shut down XP support. As for games, I only play UT2004...and 8 year old game that used DX9.

You are ridiculous, get a life. Keep usign your crappy obsolete OS that can't have more than 3 Gigs of ram, no one cares about you, what you think and what OS you use. I think you made it clear that you're a clueless troll with your posts, profile pic, sig and existence

New browsers? You mean IE? Who would use that infestation of a browser? FF or Chrome are leap years ahead and they have no plans to shut down XP support. As for games, I only play UT2004...and 8 year old game that used DX9.

What about you isn't stuck in the early 2000's? :woot:

What about you isn't stuck in the early 2000's? :woot:

I wonder who he thinks the president is :p

XP is 15 years old, give it up.

Oh really? I have two questions for you . . .

1. Which country won the most gold medals at the Rio 2016 Olympics?... 2. Would you mind if I borrowed your TARDIS?

• Like 2

As I said, when extended windows XP support ends, there will be NO MORE SECURITY UPDATES for things like tcp/ip AT ALL, PERIOD.

POS is used on supermarket INTRANETS, and only patches for the custom POS software they run and things required for it will be released.

So by all means, use it (breaking it's license usage) or apply the updates to XP, but once XP support ends, that's when all support for anything not related to the POS software itself ends.

Supermarkets aren't likely to be having problems with say UPNP exploits because they're not connected to outside PCs or the internet, only an internal database.

You guys are not gaining a thing by clinging to XP. You're not gaining "street cred" or anything. XP is an honest to God, also ran OS that should have been kicked to the curb long ago. It's nearly 13 years old for Pete's sake. There is nothing new coming for it. Let it freakin die, so we can move forward and not be held back.

XP is an honest to God, also ran OS that should have been kicked to the curb long ago.

It's nearly 13 years old for Pete's sake.

Looks like you're posting from the future too. A few months after the official total end of XP update support it seems.

Tell ya what, if WinMunkee won't lend me his TARDIS, can I borrow your DeLorean?

• Like 2

Are you ****ing me?!

XP can't scale from Mobile Devices, to TVs, to EB Memory Server Arrays, Linux can and does!

Dont be so f***en naive

The NT Kernel has been seen to run on everything from phones to tvs, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't out there.

I have even seen a fully fledged XP running on a HTC HD2

Looks like you're posting from the future too. A few months after the official total end of XP update support it seems.

Tell ya what, if WinMunkee won't lend me his TARDIS, can I borrow your DeLorean?

Repeat after me: 2012 minus 2001 is 11. See? It's really not that hard.

One digit off. I was too quick on my keyboard.