8 replies to this topic

#1 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:07

Posted Image

With IFA 2012 around the corner, Samsung and other PC OEMs are expected to showcase their Windows 8 based products. Samsung has recently trademarked “Ativ Tab” and “Ativ S” names. Samsung uses the ‘Galaxy’ brand for all its Android based phone and tablets. We can guess that ‘Ativ’ may become the single brand for Samsung’s Windows based products. Their flagship Windows Phone 8 device (code named Odyssey) could be the “Ativ S” and their Windows RT based tablet could be the “Ativ Tab”.

http://wmpoweruser.c...mobile-devices/

It's be great of Samsung would do what it did with the Galaxy brand but for Win8/WP8 devices.

#2 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:14

It's be great of Samsung would do what it did with the Galaxy brand but for Win8/WP8 devices.

I have no doubt that Androids major surge has been down (in part) to the Galaxy range's success. Be nice to see WP8 get the same treatment.

#3 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:20

I like what they are trying to do, just ATIV? really? not a very enticing name and well, sounds silly?

#4 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:23

I like what they are trying to do, just ATIV? really? not a very enticing name and well, sounds silly?

+1

#5 OP George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:24

We'll have to wait and see if this is true and how it plays out. Names/brands tend to grow on you if you see it used enough. Everyone made/makes fun of the Wii for example but hey, the name didn't hold the device back from selling well.

#6 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:28

We'll have to wait and see if this is true and how it plays out. Names/brands tend to grow on you if you see it used enough. Everyone made/makes fun of the Wii for example but hey, the name didn't hold the device back from selling well.

True, but honestly, Ativ just sounds... bland. At least Wii is somewhat inticing, or kind of breaks the ice somewhat.

Also, flip the word Ativ and you get the name of a device which has absolutely tanked in the sales department ;)

#7 OP George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:44

If true I'll wait to see what sort of marketing they put behind it, too early to tell for me. I think the idea is sound though, Nokia is doing this with the Lumia brand, and it's something HTC really needs to do bad but can't seem to work out.

#8 szo

szo

Neowinian

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:54

They should call it the

Nebula(e) Tab
Nebula(e) S

:laugh:

#9 efjay

efjay

Neowinian

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:06

Doesn't sound very compelling or interesting. And Vita backwards indicates not a lot of thought went into it, unsurprisingly.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!