'Go Topless Day' draws small crowd to Venice Beach

VENICE, CA (CBSLA.com) - A small crowd of women went topless at Venice Beach Sunday to protest the double standard of men being able to go sans shirt and their having to keep covered.

A small crowd, mostly comprised of men (natch!), watched.

The group believes if men can go topless women should be able to as well.

Leaders say they will also petition President Obama to make "Go Topless Day" a national event. (The organization's website showcases the president, with ridiculously-ripped abs, and wearing a white bikini top.)

Go Topless Day was organized by Rael, spiritual group leader of the Raelian movement based in LA. Today marked the 5th annual event.

The group believes people on Earth were scientifically created by space aliens. :alien:

more

• Like 2

While that last sentence makes me wonder about their sanity, if women want to walk around topless then I'm all for it!

Trust me on this. Most of the women that WOULD go topless are the ones that you DON'T EVER want to see topless. GAH!

• Like 3

Trust me on this. Most of the women that WOULD go topless are the ones that you DON'T EVER want to see topless. GAH!

I'd be happy to take my chances. You don't find diamonds without dealing with rocks. (Y)

I for one... back this!!!! but it should be a global phenomenon...! Granted... the UK may have a few drawbacks, but it would be a prickling (see what i did there???) issue to breach to this lot.......!

As for sexual harassment issues... i reckon if the women are ok with being topless in public, then they are setting themselves up for stares etc, and would need to learn to deal with it, or else cover up. As with most things that were frowned upon at some time... like bikini's, thongs etc... eventually, things will settle down and it wont be such a novelty anymore...!

Either way... let the puppies breath!!!! :)

I for one... back this!!!! but it should be a global phenomenon...! Granted... the UK may have a few drawbacks, but it would be a prickling (see what i did there???) issue to breach to this lot.......!

As for sexual harassment issues... i reckon if the women are ok with being topless in public, then they are setting themselves up for stares etc, and would need to learn to deal with it, or else cover up. As with most things that were frowned upon at some time... like bikini's, thongs etc... eventually, things will settle down and it wont be such a novelty anymore...!

Either way... let the puppies breath!!!! :)

I hate your avatar!!!!

No pics never happened, sorry girls...

Go to their website for pictures.... but be careful for what you wish. I will say nothing else on the subject, since beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

What's up with the women with the tape on the nipples? or the hiding behind signs?

I don't want to see the majority of women's boobs. The only people who are going to go topless are the conceited and the many, many, many ugly girls looking for attention.

They won't be as special anymore if every girl can just walk around topless. I rather they keep their tops on for most of the year! One day a year would only get a certain type of girl going topless and a whole lot of guys watching; imho neither of which is good for anyone....