How Samsung Is Making Windows 8 Less Scary

Linux has tons of docks like that and is apple mad?

Linux is insignificant compared to the amount of Samsung computers which will be shipped.

This is exactly why Microsoft made Surface. They have a vision, and want OEMs to stick with it. Chances are this won't see the light of day, either through the actions of Microsoft or Apple.

As flawed and it might be, maybe some OEMs have a vision too.

Impossible when using someone else's OS.

Why wouldnt it be allowed? Hp have there stupid docks in windows 7 and will no doubt have docks like samsungs in w8 as well for "easy access" to commonly used system stuff and docs.

Why wouldnt it be allowed? Hp have there stupid docks in windows 7 and will no doubt have docks like samsungs in w8 as well for "easy access" to commonly used system stuff and docs.

Honestly, they're not needed. Crap hogging system resources, when the superbar and Start do the exact same thing.

Honestly, they're not needed. Crap hogging system resources, when the superbar and Start do the exact same thing.

ooft you dont have to tell me that haha I will be the first to defend w8 and all the changes within it, I love it and think it is no different gaining access to start menu etc than w7.

And yeah I agree, this is not needed, it is system hogging bloatware, it will take up precious desktop real estate, BUT I was just wondering why Microsoft wouldnt allow it? For the same reasons I listed above perhaps or because it is ruining there vision of a modern desktop experience?

I think it ruins modern ui personally, but I can see why vendors are thinking they need to do stuff like this(dont agree with it but understand the logic)

As flawed and it might be, maybe some OEMs have a vision too.

It's a strange vision that involves loading up their products with useless crapware and nagware that results in a substandard user experience ;)

• Like 2

best vision ever! :p

It's just annoying how this will come across to users as w8 performance though. HP bloatware is a PITA from what I have seen on my fiancees laptop. Disable it, still stays in msconfig and runs on startup but obv doesnt show up.

People may think w8 is running slow after the bloatware is "disabled" :/

Yeah. Junkware.

Well, that's the OEMs vision. Like it or not they are entitled to add any crap they want as long as it's not forbidden by the license.

If MS doesn't like it they can either go and enforce it through the license or release their own computers.

best vision ever! :p

It's just annoying how this will come across to users as w8 performance though. HP bloatware is a PITA from what I have seen on my fiancees laptop. Disable it, still stays in msconfig and runs on startup but obv doesnt show up.

People may think w8 is running slow after the bloatware is "disabled" :/

Of course they will.

My favourite crapware was the McAfee antivirus that Dell used to stick on their PCs. It didn't come with an uninstaller that could remove it through Programs & Features so the only way it could be uninstalled was to fish out a CD and uninstall it that way. There was no reason behind this other than to make life difficult.

It's bloatware like this stupid S menu of Samsung's that makes the entire PC industry look bad.

They really shouldn't allow these kind of things to be preinstalled most people will assume it is a part of Windows 8 so if the software is buggy/bloated/etc MS will get all the blame.

I hate and I really mean I hate when people here say you might as well just use Windows 7 if your going to do or use something like that. Since when Windows 8 consist of being just a start menu. Thats the dumbest thing ever! There are more to Windows 8 than just the damn startscreen/ startmenu !

• Like 2

Ever heard of Sense or Touchwiz?

Worst examples you could think of.

Well, that's the OEMs vision. Like it or not they are entitled to add any crap they want as long as it's not forbidden by the license.

If MS doesn't like it they can either go and enforce it through the license or release their own computers.

Enter Surface.

Of course they will.

My favourite crapware was the McAfee antivirus that Dell used to stick on their PCs. It didn't come with an uninstaller that could remove it through Programs & Features so the only way it could be uninstalled was to fish out a CD and uninstall it that way. There was no reason behind this other than to make life difficult.

It's bloatware like this stupid S menu of Samsung's that makes the entire PC industry look bad.

Personal fav was - HP's Norton trial that didnt have the uninstall so you had to download Nortons own tool to properly remove Norton.......which still left folders and random settings files AND reg files everywhere. USELESS

Worst why? I'm talking about stuff the OEM considers better, not about things that are actually better or even good at all.

It's not "better". It's crap shoved onto the machine by OEMs and other companies that pay to have their crap installed.

Personal fav was - HP's Norton trial that didnt have the uninstall so you had to download Nortons own tool to properly remove Norton.......which still left folders and random settings files AND reg files everywhere. USELESS

:laugh: That's priceless.