How Samsung Is Making Windows 8 Less Scary

Offtopic for a moment:

When did Samsung start making refrigerators?

It's not "better". It's crap shoved onto the machine by OEMs and other companies that pay to have their crap installed.

I didn't say it's better, I said the OEM obviously must think it's better since they are bundling it.

And I'm not talking about third party trialware that OEMs get paid to install but stuff like this one or HP's Launch Box.

If Samsung diverts programmers sitting and developing this piece of s*** to software updates for older mobiles, the world would be a happier place.

Samsung won't be making any money by installing the start menu widget.

They just hope to attract inexperienced users.

The comparison with norton trial crapware is not valid.

I'm sorry, but it's one rare case, I'd think the bundled software won't harm that much.

Samsung won't be making any money by installing the start menu widget.

They just hope to attract inexperienced users.

The comparison with norton trial crapware is not valid.

I'm sorry, but it's one rare case, I'd think the bundled software won't harm that much.

Of course the comparison with other crapware is valid. Like a Norton trial, this menu is just one other bit of unnecessary software that has to be uninstalled the first time a user starts their PC. It serves no useful purpose and only ensures a terrible OOB experience.

I think it will get annoying even for normal home users. And when they decide they have had enough and "disable" it :/ they will think w8 is a bit sluggish as all that crap is still running. How many users would think hmmm maybe this is still loaded elsewhere, need to end it through msconfig etc etc etc

Maybe if the vendors had a different "setup yor desktop" screen and gave it as an option but if the user says no actually disable every trace of it.

Maybe if the vendors had a different "setup yor desktop" screen and gave it as an option but if the user says no actually disable every trace of it.

Isn't something like that what people has been asking regarding Metro itself?

Isn't something like that what people has been asking regarding Metro itself?

Correct. But what appears when you first load w8 isnt bloatware, thats the difference.

Useless for you, but not for this guy:

Video isn't valid. Guy looks like he's never touched Windows before, let alone a PC. You can easily tell it was made only to slam the new UX.

Video isn't valid. Guy looks like he's never touched Windows before, let alone a PC. You can easily tell it was made only to slam the new UX.

its one of the most valid videos to date. It clearly shows things have been put in obscure places, MS forced users to reinvent how they use something which is so similar to W7, but with so many curveballs. this guys understands what tiles are, what explorer is and what the desktop is, for him and probably thousands out there will not understand the reason for these changes, as they are backwards, not a progression. He's used windows 7 before, if you watched the video he constantly makes referances to W7 asking where things are hidden and why....... I don't see how making a valid criticism is "slamming the UX", oh please get real.

its one of the most valid videos to date. It clearly shows things have been put in obscure places, MS forced users to reinvent how they use something which is so similar to W7, but with so many curveballs. this guys understands what tiles are, what explorer is and what the desktop is, for him and probably thousands out there will not understand the reason for these changes, as they are backwards, not a progression. He's used windows 7 before, if you watched the video he constantly makes referances to W7 asking where things are hidden and why....... I don't see how making a valid criticism is "slamming the UX", oh please get real.

No sorry, that particular video is debunked as bullshot since day one. and besides it being the CP version without any of the tutorials and a user that's never used windows instructed on how to react and what not to do to accidentally trigger the start menu by his Applefan son...

In Any case, Samsung has officially said they are not releasing the S launcher with any of their hardware. probably because they realized it's useless, introduces more lawsuits than they want breaks user guidelines and would be confusing for the users.

Dude's acting is pretty bad. You can clearly see he was being instructed. If he used Windows 7 - or Windows at all - it doesn't show in the least bit. It's bull****.

Dude's acting is pretty bad.

If he's acting, he's doing an amazing job at it.

If he used Windows 7 - or Windows at all - it doesn't show in the least bit. It's bull****.

He's a Windows XP user.