Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Personally I wasn't impressed - the car at the end was particularly poor. Then again I thought the CGI in The Avengers, Thor and Man Of Steel was weak in comparison to the more subtle approach employed by the Batman trilogy. All too often CGI is used instead of creative directing. I mean, Serenity did better with a fraction of the budget than the Star Wars prequels did with their gratuitous use of CGI.

You do know that The Dark Knight trilogy hardly had any CGI in the movies, right? "The Dark Knight Rises" had the most CGI shots; 2,000. Where "The Dark Knight" only had 530. That's because Nolan doesn't want to need to use CGI. He only wants to use it to enhance a scene. So yeah, it all depends on how the director wants to work. I do agree that the car bit at the end was poor CGI compared to the rest but I don't agree that the CGI on both the Avengers and this series was overall poor.

You do know that The Dark Knight trilogy hardly had any CGI in the movies, right? "The Dark Knight Rises" had the most CGI shots; 2,000. Where "The Dark Knight" only had 530. That's because Nolan doesn't want to need to use CGI. He only wants to use it to enhance a scene. So yeah, it all depends on how the director wants to work.

Yeah, that's why I liked them. There is CGI but it's much more subtle than most blockbuster films. I find CGI very distracting when it's not done well.

I do agree that the car bit at the end was poor CGI compared to the rest but I don't agree that the CGI on both the Avengers and this series was overall poor.

I didn't say the CGI in The Avengers was poor, just weaker than comparable films. For instance, Star Trek Into Darkness had plenty of CGI but I thought it was pretty well done. Too many films and series go overboard with CGI when the scenes would be more effective with a bit of subtle and creative directing. For instance, the way the car levitated at the end was pretty decent but it was comically bad when it zoomed off into the distance.

So what do we think about whats really going on with Agent Coulson?

My guess is that he's a clone but doesn't know it, with Tahiti being the name of the cloning project or an implanted memory.

Loved the pilot episode and am looking forward to the next.  As stated, the CGI is quite amazing for a television series.

Regardless, I'll keep tuning in to see what skye is wearing next. :wub:

Reminds me of a CW TV show. It will get canceled or switch to CW because the ratings will be good on that station. 11 millions is good but will drop half after a few episode

He's either a clone or a Life Model Decoy (LMD.)

I hope the later because that would be another interesting thing from the comics that they're bringing into the live-action-verse.

He's either a clone or a Life Model Decoy (LMD.)

was the LMD thing from the comics as well? As I remember in the movie it was something Tony Stark just mentioned, that may even be a joke made on the spot

2013-09-27_16-15-37.png

Lola

Agent Coulson knows there?s a difference between ?new? and ?improved? and Lola is his case-in-point. Featuring flamethrowers and the world?s first GPS, this classic Corvette is more than what she seems. For instance, if driving is not an option, Lola?s vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) and flight capabilities sure cut down on Agent Coulson?s commute.

2013-09-27_16-16-02.png

Droid Ultra

Droid Ultra by Motorola. Now the thinnest 4G LTE smartphone is one of the strongest, and smarter than ever. When it matters. Droid Does. Only on Verizon.

2013-09-27_16-16-23.png

"The Night-Night Gun"

Basically a miracle born of engineering and bio-chemistry, this custom tranquilizer rifle?or as Agent Fitz likes to call it, ?The Night-Night gun"?is the perfect tool for stopping someone without killing them. The rifle fires non-lethal bullets with heavy stopping power that break up under the subcutaneous tissue (or as most people call it, ?skin?). From there, the bullets deliver a tiny amount of dendrotoxin, incapacitating the target long enough for them to be secured and with no harmful side effects.

2013-09-27_16-16-43.png

Blueforce

Sometimes S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents need a little extra help in surveying an area. In these instances they could turn to Verizon and Blueforce which would enable them to place multiple sensors on trained K9s before sending them into action. The sensors would provide S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents with mission critical information and can detect explosives, chemicals, and other dangerous substances. A Blueforce thermal imager attached to a K9 would also enable Agents to see in the dark using their smartphones.

2013-09-27_16-17-03.png

The Dwarfs

They say if you?re going to be in the field, you?re going to have to get your hands dirty. Well, Agents Fitz and Simmons came up with a better idea. A team of small, quad-rotor robots, the Dwarfs are capable of thoroughly scan and cataloguing a scene in minutes, covering everything from matter density to radiation levels to just smelling. They?re an automated crime scene investigation unit?the perfect tool for quickly and completely gathering data in the field. And, you know, flying them around is pretty fun, too.

2013-09-27_16-17-23.png

Kopin Golden-i

The Golden-i wireless headset is a hands-free mobile computing and communication headset that would be perfect for giving S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents the ability to interact with and access virtually any information in the world. Access to a full PC experience would allow Agents to connect with and control up to six devices or networks at a time so they could react and take action quickly.

2013-09-27_16-17-43.png

QNB-T16 Truth Serum

Not everyone S.H.I.E.L.D. questions is exactly forthcoming when it comes to the truth, so sometimes they need a little help getting information. Described by Agent Coulson as ?the top-shelf martini of sodium-pentothal derivatives,? this extremely potent drug will get the truth out of just about anyone, even highly-trained S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives like Agent Ward. At least he got to take a nice nap afterwards.

2013-09-27_16-18-00.png

VGo

Despite all the technology at their finger tips, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents still cannot be in two places at once. The independently operated VGo is the next best thing and would allow Agents to see, hear, talk and move around in a distant location via the remote controlled robot.

Did you just plug Verizon/Droid? Rappy, even your regular posts have a strong sponsored feel to them, but this is really pushing it.

Sadly not (I need money) but that was from the Shield site telling you what's what.

was the LMD thing from the comics as well? As I remember in the movie it was something Tony Stark just mentioned, that may even be a joke made on the spot

Straight from the comics, just like the car.

Clark Gregg as Vision? I wonder how that would play out. One thing's for sure and that is that I rather see him as Vision than Vin Diesel. Monica Bellucci as Scarlet Witch though? Not sure how I'd feel about that but it's an interesting idea.

Here's a bust of Coulson as Vision though:

original.jpg

I'd rather see it as a film than a series though! If only it would really happen >_>

http://hollywoodreporter.com/news/tv-ratings-agents-shield-uk-638632

LONDON -- The U.K. launch of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD helped Britain's Channel 4 to its biggest drama launch of the year.

The broadcaster said Saturday that the Friday 8 p.m. debut averaged 3.1 million viewers, or a share of 14.2 percent of people watching TV in the U.K. at the time. That is above the time slot's typical performance for the network.

The show also "drew the largest share of 16-34 year olds from 8-9 p.m ... with a 27 percent share," the network said.

>

Was good. But too much attempts at humor. Marginally successful attempts ...