Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I agree, it was much, much better. I will continue to watch on now. 

Agreed.  The first episode was much less interesting.  rehashing extremis was just silly.

They probably can't afford him.

They could if it was a condition of the Marvel films contract and he was paid a slightly larger cut of those films. Same with Scarlett Johansson. It would have also changed the tone of the series, which at the moment is far too cheesy and lacking gravitas.

They could if it was a condition of the Marvel films contract and he was paid a slightly larger cut of those films. Same with Scarlett Johansson. It would have also changed the tone of the series, which at the moment is far too cheesy and lacking gravitas.

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that light and cheesy are what they are aiming for. Serious stuff almost never happens on our network TV. 

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that light and cheesy are what they are aiming for. Serious stuff almost never happens on our network TV. 

Arrow is serious though and it does it well; and Eureka was light and a little cheesy but did it well. The problem is that MAoS doesn't pull it off well and the tone is out of character with the previous films. Some of the guest actors are better than the main cast - the black superhero from Ep1 and the female Peruvian leader from Ep2 were both better acted than the main cast.

There's enough serious stuff. just starting to watch ep 2 now. and I think this show has a better chance of surviving with some cheese than if it was Black Knight.

One thing that annoys me though. the rear engines on the plane. IT WOULDN'T FREAKEN WORK!

Arrow is serious though and it does it well; and Eureka was light and a little cheesy but did it well. 

Neither of those are on a major network. They are both decent shows but ABC would never approve them.

The problem is that MAoS doesn't pull it off well and the tone is out of character with the previous films. Some of the guest actors are better than the main cast - the black superhero from Ep1 and the female Peruvian leader from Ep2 were both better acted than the main cast.

I will agree with you on that. I hope it's just a case of them still trying to find their way.

After last week?s record-breaking debut, ABC?s Marvel?s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. lost a third of its audience and dropped a whopping 34% to a 3.1 rating in the 18-49 demo and 8.4 million viewers.  That?s a steep decline in viewership from last week?s 4.7 rating, but not altogether surprising given the lukewarm overall reception to the pilot. 

Oh :/

IT was against zivas last episode on ncis. they should wait till episode 3 for the real ratings.

After last week?s record-breaking debut, ABC?s Marvel?s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. lost a third of its audience and dropped a whopping 34% to a 3.1 rating in the 18-49 demo and 8.4 million viewers.  That?s a steep decline in viewership from last week?s 4.7 rating, but not altogether surprising given the lukewarm overall reception to the pilot. 

Oh :/

If they stop with the lame banter jokes maybe people come back. Ruined it for me but i still watched episode 2, was abit better, hoping for abit more action and character development.

Neither of those are on a major network. They are both decent shows but ABC would never approve them.

But I'd rather have a good show on a minor network than a bad show on a major network. Breaking Bad demonstrated that quality writing, acting and directing more than make up for a limited budget and smaller network. If a show is going to be compromised by appearing on a major network then that should be avoided.

• Like 3

But I'd rather have a good show on a minor network than a bad show on a major network. Breaking Bad demonstrated that quality writing, acting and directing more than make up for a limited budget and smaller network. If a show is going to be compromised by appearing on a major network then that should be avoided.

I totally agree. I guess the main reason they went with ABC is to get more viewers. However, by doing that they probably had to sacrifice creative control somewhat.

• Like 1

I totally agree. I guess the main reason they went with ABC is to get more viewers. However, by doing that they probably had to sacrifice creative control somewhat.

ABC and Disney/Marvel are same company so it made for easy doing :p

They went with ABC because Disney owns both ABC and Marvel. Same reason the Clone Wars cartoon was canned on Cartoon Network and the new one will be on ABC Family - Disney is keeping its properties in house. When we finally get a live action Star Wars series, it will be on ABC as well. 

When we finally get a live action Star Wars series, it will be on ABC as well. 

That doesn't bode well. :(

I hope that they don't take the easy way out and let Skye see the error of her ways at the last minute and become one of the team. It keeps her fun and interesting to keep her a rebel.

i will say one thing, Agent Jemma Simmons (played by Elizabeth Henstridge) is one annoying person, just her voice throughout the whole season so far is a headache to me. Doesn't know when to shut up!! lol

• Like 2

I'm not surprised, people checked in to see ep1 because it was new, probably hyped up by ABC as well.   We'll see how it goes after a few more eps but I see it dropping a bit more over time.  If it hits 2.0 on the ratings then don't expect much longevity from this IMO.