Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

As 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' ratings grow weaker, what will ABC do?

Counting only people who watch on the day of first airing, "S.H.I.E.L.D." has lost about 40% of its total audience and half of its viewers ages 18 to 49, the demographic most cherished by advertisers.

The network has played up the fact that a large portion of the show's audience watches the episodes on DVRs and video on demand. Factoring that in, the trends look a little better. But those numbers also are on the decline. 

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-fi-ct-agents-of-shield-ratings-20131119,0,4566489.story

I'll have to agree that I expected more of the series as well. But that doesn't take away that I do like the series a lot. It's interesting how the series has links with the movies and forms a whole live-action universe like that. I think they should have some sort of ongoing story in the series though and maybe be less like CSI, NCIS and those kinds of series. Kinda what we talked about on Twitter.

What would be awesome for the show is having the on-going story for the series, but have the final episode for the season have one cast member from the Marvel universe of movies (like Captain America himself for season 1) play a big part, and season 2 someone like Thor and so on. 
That would make the show even better as it already is, but truth be told, im loving the show as it is. 

Weaker.. doesn't suprise me, i've officially given up on the show, after a few ok episodes and 1 good one... the rest were utter crap, over over use of stupid banter which is just to me, filling in the holes through out the episode.

Weaker.. doesn't suprise me, i've officially given up on the show, after a few ok episodes and 1 good one... the rest were utter crap, over over use of stupid banter which is just to me, filling in the holes through out the episode.

The banter really got to me episode one, and a little in two, but they've kept it well placed and well contained since then. I actually like it in small doses. A Marvel show based on humans, not superheroes is hard to pull off. Anyone expecting superheroes is going to be disappointed. Comics have always tried to carry a message of morality, teamwork, personal growth, lessons learned, etc. And I think this show is excelling at that while still being an action based comic.

The banter really got to me episode one, and a little in two, but they've kept it well placed and well contained since then. I actually like it in small doses. A Marvel show based on humans, not superheroes is hard to pull off. Anyone expecting superheroes is going to be disappointed. Comics have always tried to carry a message of morality, teamwork, personal growth, lessons learned, etc. And I think this show is excelling at that while still being an action based comic.

That's where i failed because i wanted super heroes in it.... bad me!! :( :p

That's where i failed because i wanted super heroes in it.... bad me!! :( :p

hehehe, I was never a fan of the Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D comics because they weren't really centered on superheroes as the protagonist. But it translates well to TV.

Sadly i don't read comics or have got into them but i know people say read them read them. But sadly i won't go back to the show. I will read up on it but I'll leave it there. maybe they do some cross over to The Avengers 2 :p

I like the show but it's not what I expected. It's a bit too old fashioned. I think they need to loosen it up and even have people with special powers on their team. I'd probably drop the scientists, too.

This show has cancelled written all over it. The writting is terrible and the characters are caricaturas. Take Agent Ward for example, he once said "I'm not the guy you call in to babysit, I'm the guy you call to disarm a nuke."... Hahahahah... Seriously, who fucing talks like that. He has been touted as the best special agent S.H.I.E.L.D. has ever had, but he acts confused by science and generally as much like a meathead as possible." Because God knows he would have gotten to where he is without ever learning about science or technology.

I mean how can you disarm aintercontinental ballistic missile, but basic science confuses you. The only really interesting character is Ming-Na Wen's  Melinda May. But you just know that they'll ruin that.

/rant

I was dissapointed with that episode too. I was all hyped up seeing Melinda May in the teasers and thought this will be an amazing episode where she becomes 'The Calvary' again and kick ass all episode saving her team mates, but no, a 1 minute fight at the end of the episode killed the vibe :(

Will keep watching thou, compared to some of the other drivel on tv (dancing with the stars etc) this is certainly a billion times better. 

While I understand the disappointment of many, it is Marvel after all, I think the audience for this show is a slightly older set that grew up with the Marvel Universe and doesn't expect or want to see a superhero battle every week.

I just can't get attached to the characters for some reason apart from maybe Fitz and Simmons. Their 1-on-1 scenes are adorable. I think the ratings have stabilized the past couple of weeks so I don't think it's in danger as far as renewal is concerned.

Dont get why people bulcher on about the acting and writing so much. The acting is improving each episode, there's still some moments here and there, but to me it feels they're starting to settle in their roles.

And the writing, some times the things they say could be better, but give me one show where that isnt the case. But from what I notice they have a good sense of details and are playing pretty well with the rest of the universe.

I just can't get attached to the characters for some reason apart from maybe Fitz and Simmons. Their 1-on-1 scenes are adorable. I think the ratings have stabilized the past couple of weeks so I don't think it's in danger as far as renewal is concerned.

Have you seen the latest episode? It was really good, perhaps even the best yet. I really liked the comical scene at the end involving

Fitz and May

While I understand the disappointment of many, it is Marvel after all, I think the audience for this show is a slightly older set that grew up with the Marvel Universe and doesn't expect or want to see a superhero battle every week.

I think many of us was expecting superheroes battling it out every week. What is Marvel without their superheroes?

I think many of us was expecting superheroes battling it out every week. What is Marvel without their superheroes?

I would be happy if they delved into the lesser known side of the Universe some weeks

lol, answer: S.H.I.E.L.D. I always though Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D was the most boring comic ever. But I like it on TV.