Facebook mass account blocking?

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place, but here is it anyway.

In the last few hour, when I was chatting in Facebook, suddenly Facebook said that my account was accessed without my consent and they have blocked it temporary. Then they need me to reset my password before I was able to login back again. So, after getting in again, I got this one notification that said A is commenting on B's photo. I click on it just to be served with The page you requested was not found. So I tried viewing B's account directly and it also give the same error message, The page you requested was not found. I tried viewing A's account and I got the same message too. That's when I realize something is wrong. I've contacted A and she said her account was blocked, just like mine.

And suddenly, I saw lots of status updates from my friends complaining about their accounts being "hacked", but all were good after they changed password and security stuff. So is this a widespread problem? Anyone experiencing it? Or is it region specific problem? Or is it just that all accounts over here were really hacked?

qqF24.jpg

Share your thoughts here guys, thanks!

I'm from Malaysia if you're wondering.

It's possible there was a problem with the "Trusted location" links to the accounts in your region for a short time?

I'm not sure, just now, another friend posted the same thing.

I've been noticing problems with Facebook since sometime over the weekend. It kept disconnecting me from FB chat, and today I can't get past the logon screen in my browser. The interesting thing though is that Facebook on my Android is working fine. Could this be something to do with the recent move of forcing everyone to Timeline?

I've been noticing problems with Facebook since sometime over the weekend. It kept disconnecting me from FB chat, and today I can't get past the logon screen in my browser. The interesting thing though is that Facebook on my Android is working fine. Could this be something to do with the recent move of forcing everyone to Timeline?

Probably? You're lucky you can still login on other devices. I have to relogin again on FB for iPhone, FB for WP7 and the People Hub on WP7, oh and on my home PC too (the problem occured at office).

Everyone having this problem, go here... https://www.facebook...n=sessions

What does it say under Active Sessions? If there's something that doesn't look right, then that's not a good sign.

Well I'm pretty sure my problem is unrelated actually, since when I click on that link it tells me that the page doesn't exist, and when I directly type in www.facebook.com it says the same thing. The only way to get to the login screen from the computer at the moment is to go to google and type "Facebook." But again, the moment you try to log in with your details, it tells you that the site doesn't exist...weird, but I'm not that bothered by it. I can access Facebook from my phone, I don't need it from the computer.

Nothing happening in my area.. yet. Hopefully it won't reach this area. Maybe this is in line to some sort of upgrade?

Or, maybe Facebook realizes how crappy and worthless (stock market) they are and are slowly fading away!! ;)

Anyway, I've had a few people call me and say their computer is acting weird because they are getting that same thing. Told them to just hang on because it's probably some update thing. I don't use that junk site and this is the first I've read about this, but as with most things online, if it worked previously, don't mess with it. It SHOULD come back.

Or, maybe Facebook realizes how crappy and worthless (stock market) they are and are slowly fading away!! ;)

Anyway, I've had a few people call me and say their computer is acting weird because they are getting that same thing. Told them to just hang on because it's probably some update thing. I don't use that junk site and this is the first I've read about this, but as with most things online, if it worked previously, don't mess with it. It SHOULD come back.

Well, now my mobile text notification doesn't work. Had to mess with it :p

Same thing happened to me about a month or so ago. That site, as well as about 30 others (inlcuding Facebook) all prompted me to change passwords and unblock my accounts.

More here on that: http://venturebeat.c...ciated-content/

I don't believe my FB password is in that hacked content. My Yahoo! mail is not hacked, and I my FB password isn't the same one as my mail password.

Yeah I wasn't saying yours was in that list, was just pointing out that a similar situation MAY have happened to you. :) - All the best

I see, sorry then :blush:

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place, but here is it anyway.

In the last few hour, when I was chatting in Facebook, suddenly Facebook said that my account was accessed without my consent and they have blocked it temporary. Then they need me to reset my password before I was able to login back again. So, after getting in again, I got this one notification that said A is commenting on B's photo. I click on it just to be served with The page you requested was not found. So I tried viewing B's account directly and it also give the same error message, The page you requested was not found. I tried viewing A's account and I got the same message too. That's when I realize something is wrong. I've contacted A and she said her account was blocked, just like mine.

And suddenly, I saw lots of status updates from my friends complaining about their accounts being "hacked", but all were good after they changed password and security stuff. So is this a widespread problem? Anyone experiencing it? Or is it region specific problem? Or is it just that all accounts over here were really hacked?

Share your thoughts here guys, thanks!

I'm from Malaysia if you're wondering.

It happened to me last week. I got an email from Facebook with the same message as yours. But after I confirmed it was me who logged into my account a few days before they let me back in. So to be safe I changed both my email address that you log into Facebook with and password. And deleted my old email address from my Facebook account.

I think the problem is that a lot of websites want you to log in with your Facebook account to post comments. As they see Facebook as open an open ID. So it most likely that one of the websites I logged into was with a server in a location that Facebook did not recognize.And I logged into a chat room on Tiny chat with my Facebook account as the chat channel would not let users log in with any other account. So it could have been that.

The same thing happened to me with one of my G Mail accounts after I logged into Google Talk on Meebo.Which a video chat messenger you use in a web browser.That connects to multiple accounts,MSN,Google Talk etc. I was locked out of my G Mail account by Google. And I had to verify my account again by using my mobile phone number. Which Google sends you a confirmation code to prove that you are the account holder.

But I got back into my G Mail account like I got back into my Facebook account. With Meeboo their servers are in a different location. With some web chat messengers,if you sign in with your Google Talk account.Even though it supports it,it sets of alarm bells with Google.

But I think it's wrong of Facebook and other services to scare you like that by telling sending you those messages. And it is very worrying to get something like that. As it makes you think that someone has hacked your account. When they have not. Andrea Borman.

It happened to me last week. I got an email from Facebook with the same message as yours. But after I confirmed it was me who logged into my account a few days before they let me back in. So to be safe I changed both my email address that you log into Facebook with and password. And deleted my old email address from my Facebook account.

I think the problem is that a lot of websites want you to log in with your Facebook account to post comments. As they see Facebook as open an open ID. So it most likely that one of the websites I logged into was with a server in a location that Facebook did not recognize.And I logged into a chat room on Tiny chat with my Facebook account as the chat channel would not let users log in with any other account. So it could have been that.

The same thing happened to me with one of my G Mail accounts after I logged into Google Talk on Meebo.Which a video chat messenger you use in a web browser.That connects to multiple accounts,MSN,Google Talk etc. I was locked out of my G Mail account by Google. And I had to verify my account again by using my mobile phone number. Which Google sends you a confirmation code to prove that you are the account holder.

But I got back into my G Mail account like I got back into my Facebook account. With Meeboo their servers are in a different location. With some web chat messengers,if you sign in with your Google Talk account.Even though it supports it,it sets of alarm bells with Google.

But I think it's wrong of Facebook and other services to scare you like that by telling sending you those messages. And it is very worrying to get something like that. As it makes you think that someone has hacked your account. When they have not. Andrea Borman.

Thanks Andrea for the useful insight. I never used my Facebook to login to other places like you mention, and I can't figure a thing that might have trigger the warning. Anyway, seems like this problem is not widespread, judging from the replies I get. Hopefully it won't happen again for any foreseeable future :)

Well FarCry3r,it is quite common. I saw this on Yahoo Answers last week. See here-http://uk.answers.ya...18094737AAKQ0I2

So it seems that it is happening to a lot of people. But as I said before. Facebook should get their facts right before scaring people like this. When you get something like this it is very worrying. Andrea Borman.

Someone got my old password. I changed it. He blocked me on facebook by saying to facebook to cancel tthis account to stop misactivity. Now i am troubled by blocking please help me know a way to end this

Someone got my old password. I changed it. He blocked me on facebook by saying to facebook to cancel tthis account to stop misactivity. Now i am troubled by blocking please help me know a way to end this

Well how can he tell Facebook to close your account? I don't think he can do that if the account is not his. Also on Facebook you have to log in with your email address NOT your username like on most sites.

So unless he knew your email address as well as your password,he could not get into your account.When you say he blocked you.You mean he blocked you as a contact. Which just means you cannot contact that user anymore. It does not block your account. Andrea Borman.