This man knows whats up

Oh I get it, he's against creationism (no doubt that described in the Bible, not any other religious texts), so therefore he's the "smartest man". More anti-Christian bloviation from a site that really seems to feed of it more and more these days. Way to go tolerance!!

I've removed the duplicates, however mzta cody replied whilst I was closing them. so I re-opened the one he replied to and closed the one I left open.

Oh I get it, he's against creationism (no doubt that described in the Bible, not any other religious texts), so therefore he's the "smartest man". More anti-Christian bloviation from a site that really seems to feed of it more and more these days. Way to go tolerance!!

Did you miss the part where OP said it's his own personal opinion? What was that about tolerance? Yeah...

It's just astounding that you sit there saying this is anti-Christian. Who's fault is it that the facts about our universe are not consistent with Christianity?

I would not want to live in that world that he is talking about. Even though he may be right.

Anti-creationism != anti-Christian.

I for one do not want to live in a world where creationism is an acceptable scientific theory. It's not.

It's not anti-Christian to call creationism absurd. Pope John Paul II is on record as saying that evolution does not contradict the Bible. As for tolerance, it shouldn't be used to allow ignorance to flourish. There is no evidence to support creationism and it should rightfully be treated with disdain.

4 duplicates came from a tablet that wants to refresh the page too many times.

More focus on the "stop passing on your beliefs to your children" and less on the "religion is faulty". And I am not anti-christian in any way, but you should look at these things objectively.

*prods fire*

Hah hah, God is a fairy tale!

Edit: I'm quite proud to have my 4,000th post be anti-Creationism AND anti-Christian.

*prods fire*

Hah hah, God is a fairy tale!

Edit: I'm quite proud to have my 4,000th post be anti-Creationism AND anti-Christian.

Ah, so you must be the representative from the general population. Thanks for voicing your opinion.

You'd think that a smart scientist would be more open minded towards alternate theories, but sadly it's not true, science is as closed minded as they claim Theists are

You'd think that a smart scientist would be more open minded towards alternate theories, but sadly it's not true, science is as closed minded as they claim Theists are

Creationism isn't a scientific theory. He is open minded. Remember, theory != scientific theory.

• Like 1

That would be true if Creationism was a legitimate theory, but it's not. It's nonsense.

• Like 1

There's no room for theories when you have facts.

He is open minded, he is just saying that it would be more effective to work with what is better supported rather than by something that has barely any backing. And if we do work with it, we may even come across the discovery of it not being true, but then we will have that as another piece of knowledge to work with.

Ah, so you must be the representative from the general population. Thanks for voicing your opinion.

The who? I don't represent a damn person other than myself. Unfortunately though, as others have discussed, I have very little open mindedness for the invisible man floating in the sky theory. Once someone even has the slightest shred of proof and not this "some random people heard voices in their head from the invisible man and wrote it down to get the scared general public to follow them like a cult", then maybe I'll be a little more open minded.

That's like saying I'm not open minded that a piece of toast can sprout wings and fly off my plate. But hey, if I wrote it in a book I could call you closed minded for not believing me! Both theories are on the same level of ridiculousness.

Edit: Man, I've gotten really cynical as I've gotten older. :laugh:

He lost my interest after saying the US invented the internet

To be fair, the US did contribute a lot to the creation of the internet, although overall it was a combination of effort from many nations.

I presume you're talking about the world wide web, which Sir Tim created :).

He lost my interest after saying the US invented the internet

Internet > WWW

This is Neowin and we have to go over this still?

To be fair, the US did contribute a lot to the creation of the internet, although overall it was a combination of effort from many nations.

I presume you're talking about the world wide web, which Sir Tim created :).

Internet > WWW

This is Neowin and we have to go over this still?

As we had a recent thread about Memes I thought Id make one of my own in regard to his overly boastful comment about the US and its overty evervesent effect on the world.He got off to a bad start and went downhill from there.

That's rich coming from someone so closed minded that you have to twist the notion of not accepting an idea that doesn't fit into any aspect of science as the one being the closed minded one.