Sending SMS messages on my PC through my Jailbroken iPhone

Hi!

I would like to be able to send and receive text message on my PC via my iPhone.

I know that a better solution would probably be using Google Voice, but I've gone that path before and decided that SMS on my phone was more reliable.

So far the only solution I've found is to run a VNC server (like Veency) on my iPhone and connect to it on my PC. I'm fine with this solution but are there any other solutions? I have BiteSMS but can't find anything that "talks" with it.

I believe he is wanting to get his text messages which are coming into his iPhone on his PC and then be able to reply to them.

DeskSMS is the app I was thinking of.. It is available for iphone as well

http://lifehacker.com/5834068/desksms-for-iphone-lets-you-respond-to-texts-via-gchat-or-your-favorite-im-client

Connecting with ActiveSync to Exchange 2010 for email does this via Outlook. Pretty slick if you have Exchange or a hosted Exchange solution.

This makes me miss the old Nokia Suite software.

You simply plugged in your phone, installed the software and you could SMS to your hearts content through the PC client.

Such a pity they didn't bring that to their WP7 stuff :(

Connecting with ActiveSync to Exchange 2010 for email does this via Outlook. Pretty slick if you have Exchange or a hosted Exchange solution.

Hmm..We have Exchange 2010 (I think...) and Outlook 2010 at work. How can I use this?

Hmm..We have Exchange 2010 (I think...) and Outlook 2010 at work. How can I use this?

It's a basic functionality of Exchange 2010. When I go to add the ActiveSync account to my Android phone, I have the option to sync SMS messages right under Contacts, Mail, Calendar, Notes, etc. When this is checked, all SMS messages sync to my inbox. There is a simple configuration you do in Outlook to confirm sending of messages via your phone.

It would be possible that your work has disabled this functionality as well.