Gold Vs. Plus: How Sony Is Making a Mockery Of Xbox Live

warhawk 2007 u do know ps3 decated or whatever the call there crap internet nows these days u played black ops on ps3 than 360 360 would win if lag is ur thing ps3 ur machine well live dont give us free old free ****ty titles we get content we get games faster we dont get hacked but is missing out on bluetooth and blueray ill give ps3 that but ive never lagged in a 360 game as much as i did for ps3

360 ive got a year for 32 ps3 40 a year vs old ****ty games demos and .. thats my two cents

ps3 laggy

360 none

ps3 blue ray tooth

360 dvd and dvd lol

ltrz and im outtie

Features comparisons don't show the full picture. PSN takes way longer to download anything and usually comes with an install requirement that can easily double the time, plus it's more frequent than xlive. Mind you, it's a small price to pay for free-to-play online and I agree but still relevant.

Regardless this has been said since the xbox came out, yet people buy it and will thus continue this way. It's all about what people perceive as value to them. Similar to how Apple have dominated with higher prices and less features. Buy whatever you perceive as higher value to you, it's as simple as that. I doubt this article will persuade people who have known this for a long time.

warhawk 2007 u do know ps3 decated or whatever the call there crap internet nows these days u played black ops on ps3 than 360 360 would win if lag is ur thing ps3 ur machine well live dont give us free old free ****ty titles we get content we get games faster we dont get hacked but is missing out on bluetooth and blueray ill give ps3 that but ive never lagged in a 360 game as much as i did for ps3

360 ive got a year for 32 ps3 40 a year vs old ****ty games demos and .. thats my two cents

ps3 laggy

360 none

ps3 blue ray tooth

360 dvd and dvd lol

ltrz and im outtie

Just so you know, Black Ops doesn't have dedicated servers for either. It's all based on peer networking.

So, I need to pay to get Automatic Patching/Firmware-Updates? :p

It's a poorly worded title for a service, what it does is check for games you've recently played, and download those patches in the background when you ps3 is dormant if one is available. IE: Automatic, once a day (I believe) checks without you having to play the game.

If that were the case then the Xbox wouldn't be selling more consoles than the PS3.

Technically they're not. The 360 had a roughly 9 million console head start at PS3 launch - that lead is now under 2m.

I use to think PS+ was a Ripoff but now i Tryed it I Love it.

+ we get close to 400-500 NZ Worth of Free games for a low Sub cost. pretty good.. for the Cost of 1 game we get 20+ free.

those "Free" games are like $3 in a walmart bin. I hardly consider that a great deal.

Technically they're not. The 360 had a roughly 9 million console head start at PS3 launch - that lead is now under 2m.

Technically they are...they still outsell the PS3 every single month when you look at the data I provided earlier. Was there a period where the PS3 sold more and closed the gap a bit? Yes. That period has long since passed and the gap is growing once more.

Read the sales data charts.

Technically they are...they still outsell the PS3 every single month when you look at the data I provided earlier. Was there a period where the PS3 sold more and closed the gap a bit? Yes. That period has long since passed and the gap is growing once more.

Read the sales data charts.

Read the worldwide charts instead of NPD.

those "Free" games are like $3 in a walmart bin. I hardly consider that a great deal.

DeusEx:HR and Infamous2 are still between 20? and 30? over here, so those two alone have already paid my one year subscription.

Add Darksiders to that and it's a nice (albeit not uber awesome) deal.