Something is seriously wrong with this website

When I post a reply to a member post, and then post a reply to another post, they both end up as a multiple response in the same post.

This is recent.

Also, responses to posts take about 30 seconds to appear, and often does not.

Pages take a LONG time, sometimes as much as 30 seconds, to load.

And since the site admins are just laughing about it, well, I guess they like it like that.

And no, it's not me.

The rest of the web works fine. Even to post topics on other forums.

I can confirm the lagging. After posting it hangs on "Saving post" for sometimes 20 seconds or so.

Edit: Confirmed in both IE 9 and Waterfox 15.

I get this, too. Admins, DO something! Geez, I hate waiting 30 seconds for a page to load. It is not me, and it is not browser dependant.

Stop downloading p0rn on the server!

And since the site admins are just laughing about it, well, I guess they like it like that.

Urm, what? Laughing?

I'm looking into this now...

Site has been lagging really badly since about 2 days ago but I've been too lazy to report it. Browsing, Replying etc very very slow. I also VNC'd to a server I have in france and tried the site and had the same experience on that so I know it's not my computer or internet.

Site has been lagging really badly since about 2 days ago but I've been too lazy to report it. Browsing, Replying etc very very slow. I also VNC'd to a server I have in france and tried the site and had the same experience on that so I know it's not my computer or internet.

I actually asked someone from France too. Same problem. :/

I'm in England and have the issue. I remoted to a server in france to check it wasn't my computer or ISP in england. And it isn't. I also tried it from a server in Canada and same thing.

EDIT:// seems ok now.

Yes! Thank you, It seems better now.

See what happens when you take your job seriously?

You're putting the sarcasm on pretty thick, do you have a vendetta against staff?

you see this is why we can't have nice things

damned if you do, damned if you don't (talking about IPB and some of the hacks used on this forum, not about the rude sarcasm above) :p

I humbly apologise if I offended anyone. It was not my intention.

I do think Neowin is a great website, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Sorry, Dave.

No sarcasm intended.

i just clicked on the Notifications icon and it was easily 15 seconds before the list came up. Pages have been taking much longer than usual to load, but only sometimes. At other times, the site seems failry respnsive.

• Like 1

Beyond lag... I'm having a lot of problems on IE9 as well. I haven't been able to comment or create a forum post in it today (it just doesn't respond), and I've probably had it crash about 8 times today. Needless to say, I'm using an alternative for now. But seriously guys, the team works really hard to keep things running smoothly, so give them all some slack.

But 100s of us are on every day. If every member gets a slow page load, there is even more complaints. To say the least, this amount of people complaining is nothing.

PMs are the things that are the slowest they take like 20 or more secs. Posts take about 10-15 secs