13 posts in this topic

OVERTON COUNTY, Tenn.

I don't see legal standing to charge the bar owner. Need to charge the bikers.

Yep -- spread the cost around the gangs.

And no one was arrested? So fighting in public is legal now? Seems to me the cops weren't doing their jobs.

^ They probably didn't want to take on a crowd, and no one would ID the instigators.

Businesses shouldn't have to pay to have the police turn up. However, if a business is responsible for regular disturbances then a stipulation should be added to the operating licence that requires they have appropriate security (doormen/bouncers). I know that many fast-food places in the UK are required to provide security if they wish to open late.

If a town can't afford to provide adequate policing then taxes should be increased or savings made to meet the new demands. The US obsession with lower taxes is counter-productive.

$1,700 for the police just showing up? He could have hired an army of bodyguards for that amount.

And no one was arrested? So fighting in public is legal now? Seems to me the cops weren't doing their jobs.

Clearly not. I don't think the bar served donuts.

1 person likes this

Sounds like incompetence to me, they got a 911 call, you send a car or two, not the whole force, not at least till an Officer assesses the situation and calls for backup

^ They probably didn't want to take on a crowd, and no one would ID the instigators.

Just arrest them all for good measure. :D

A lot of places if you hold an event that has over a certain number of personnel in attendance you are required to obtain a permit and provide adequate security.

Your talking a few gangs and hundreds of bikers here. Things will quickly get out of hand for just a few officers.

As to whether he should have to pay the bill or not would depend on adequate event security. If they had enough and didn't need the extra support form the police then he shouldn't have to pay. If he failed to have adequate security personnel then I agree he should have to pay for the response.

Clearly not. I don't think the bar served donuts.

Hope the bar owner learned a lesson.

He should at least buy some everyday for the cops.

The whole point was that it should pretty much be taken as a fine so that the guy hires security.