It's basically a .NET application that embraces powerful MusicBrainz search capabilities and VK.com which contains LOADS of music uploaded by users. With a free account on the latter, you can legally access every single track.
It looks like this:
For now you can download the first preview release from my SkyDrive, at least until I get a decent page up. I've also created a fanpage which I'll update on the new releases and such.
System requirements include .NET Framework 4.0 and Windows Media Player 11 or higher.
A quick list of what works and what doesn't:
In this release, you CAN:
- search for music using the text box to the top-left
- play it by putting it on your playlist (drag and drop doesn't work yet, click your way through)
- control playback by using all of the visible controls in the bottom pane
For now, you CAN'T:
- view the Welcome tab (the site simply isn't there yet)
- remember settings or playlists after shutdown
Since I've put a lot of work into this, I'd really appreciate any amount of feedback. Speak your mind!
EDIT: Links are now up. If the auto-login version asks for a number, it's 3052. Alternatively you can download the regular-login version that you can access with your own account.