Cheap fully modular power supplies?

Yea I know the ATX + CPU leads are required, I just didn't know if they were the ones attached to a semi-modular PSU :)

Yup you were/are correct. Some even less modular ones have PCi-e plugs on it as well. Which if you have higher end GPU's you will need those too so it shouldn't matter.

Yup you were/are correct. Some even less modular ones have PCi-e plugs on it as well. Which if you have higher end GPU's you will need those too so it shouldn't matter.

Yea it's not bad having semi-modular if you will always need those leads anyway, I would need ATX + 2 x 4 pin + 2 x 6 pin GPUs

What I don't need is 20 x SATA + 20 x Molar + 6 x GPU , but that's what I got, and it took about 2 days to get the side of my case back on :rofl:

Only thing i found annoying with some PSU's in general is makre sure the SATA power cords will fit the same direction as you have the drives installed. My SSD and HDD plugs are facing the right side of the case(motheboard back side) so i had to use two seperate SATA modualr cables or they wont fit right since they stick out too far. It is kind of a pain but just something to look out for.

Some of them are semi-modular, some are fully. Either way, they're all in your budget of ?100

My budget is ?65.

There is a reason modular supplies are a premium, there are some cheapish ones but its still an oxymoron to me. I quality PS will outlast much pricer components over the duration of your rig.

I think the biggest factor is warranty, your PSU will pop at some point, my Corsair TX950 popped after just a few months, replaced without any problem (apart from me having to install all the cables AGAIN)

Back when I was researching for PSUs when I built my rig, I heard a lot more bad things about OCZ PSU's than Antec or Corsair ones, just something that I've noticed. A lot of people have been complaining about Modstreams crapping out.

Don't people have modern cases where you keep all the cables under the mobo plate today anyway.

Sounds like an expensive kind of case.

Don't people have modern cases where you keep all the cables under the mobo plate today anyway.

Mobo plate ?

The side of the case where my mobo is comes off, and I have my cables inside that space cable tied to the chassis but when you see the thickness and sheer number of cables the TX950 has, and even the size of my case (HAF922) it is still a mission to get the side back on

I have a HAF 912 and I don't have a problem with the cables. I place most of them flat n the back if theyre unused, and some of the PSU cables I bundle up in the little OS in front of the PSU for convenience. But there's room for aloof them on the back if I flatten them properly and roll them up.