[UK] TVCatchup App released to Google Play

Capture.PNG

Watch free to air TV live on the move, never miss a show again.

TVCatchup enables you to watch FREE live UK TV on the move. Join over 7.3 Million users who enjoy:

? Over 50 Channels - Including BBC One, ITV, Channel 4, Five, Dave, CBeebies, 4Music, movies4men and Film4.

? Optimised Adaptive Streaming compatible with cellular networks and wifi

? Free of Charge

? What's on Now and Next

? High quality streams

? TV Out support (May Require Cable Adaptor)

? Share your thoughts with Twitter and Email

Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gzero.tv

:laugh: Check thread title

Maybe with a proxy, I imagine it will have the same problems as hulu does for the UK

thats what i figured but will give it a try with some proxy

Just installed it and WOW I am very impressed. Never seen an app that streams to do it so quickly. Kicks netflixs backside lol. Highly recommend this to anyone who is eligible. Interesting that it checks your ISP at startup to confirm you can get freeview, but at least it will keep it legit.

Can anyone upload the APK, as I live in australia currently, I'm unable to access this from the marketplace :(

I have a proxy and would love the be able to try this out

We have to pay TV licence to be able to watch these channels, I hope the mods don't allow people to talk about bypassing restrictions, its illegal to view UK TV without a licence.

The license fee does not cover these channels. While it funds the BBC it's not a prerequisite for web viewing as far as I'm aware. Plus I'm from the UK, I just temporarily reside in Australia

TV Catch Up is brilliant :) if a client is ever running late, i can go to a Mc Donalds, get a coffee and sit in the car watching TV! (Works over 3G brilliantly aswell)

The license fee does not cover these channels. While it funds the BBC it's not a prerequisite for web viewing as far as I'm aware. Plus I'm from the UK, I just temporarily reside in Australia

Yes it does.

If you view "Live broadcast pictures" then you do need a licence...even on a mobile device. Notice the words LIVE. If, however, you were simply using BBCi or ITV player etc. to watch catch up TV you do NOT need a licence.

The fact that this service lets you quote; " watch FREE live UK TV on the move...including BBC One, ITV, Channel 4, Five, Dave, CBeebies, 4Music..." means you need a licence.

The poster "TheLegendofMart" is correct in his point.

See HERE for the facts.

Thanks for the link. As my uk address is licensed I'm covered according to this

As long as the address where you live is licensed, you?re also covered to watch TV outside your home using any device powered solely by its own internal batteries. This includes your mobile phone, laptop and tablet.

will it work in the US?

No, only UK IPs/ISPs are supported. as UK citizens pay a licence fee, and for the record This isnt "live" its approx 2 seconds behind terrestrial Freeview TV in the UK.

TVC has been a fav of mine since its inception,. they guys really deserve all the support they get.

High quality streams? They really arent.

When big events arnt on is pretty impressive quality, when things like the Olympics etc are being broadcast they have to drop the bit-rate per channel to allow a smooth experience. It fluctuates dependent on server load.

Pretty neat - looks about the same quality as HQ m.tvcatchup.com

Good to see this one doesn't need a login though - the amount of times I used to type that in.

Pretty neat - looks about the same quality as HQ m.tvcatchup.com

Good to see this one doesn't need a login though - the amount of times I used to type that in.

I know, before the dev of Xbian for the Raspberry Pi gave us an update method vs having to image the drive for each new build I was so sick of typing in my credentials every other day and it would always tell me my password was wrong every single first try