Photo

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

official metal gear solid ground zeroes kojima productions konami hideo kojima fox engine mgs v

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#46 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,942 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:44

while in the cut seen it looked pretty dam good, but once it go into 'game play' it was kinda so so. far from bad but nothing to amazing.

I was about to say something like this.

#47 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

Neowinian

• 47 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 23:31

I think it looks amazing so far. I need to watch the gameplay video now.

#48 panacea

panacea

technical cannibal

• 6,052 posts
  • Phone: htc one

Posted 07 September 2012 - 23:56

yes, i'm gonna love this on pc!!

hell YEAH!!!

screw ps3 limitation, i want to play this in top of the line graphic, since i already know that the gameplay will be top notch.

#49 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,869 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 00:09

Gameplay will be top notch? Wasn't MGS4 just a bunch of extremely long ass cinematics sprinkled with some stealth movement and occasional shooting (that didn't look that great to begin with)? I mean, I haven't played a MGS game since the first on PC, but I never thought the gameplay was that spectacular in the game to start with. Certainly the story is bat **** crazy to boot :D

#50 paxa

paxa

Neowinian

• 761 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:17

saw both of them, this and the extended version when they were announced....and i crapped my pants. it looks astounishing. kojima strikes again.

#51 Vandalsquad

Vandalsquad

Neowinian

• 912 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 13:22

I was about to say something like this.

This, another cutscene MGS game in the making.

#52 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

• 7,453 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 17:03

I dont see anything that says this game coming out for PC. It ran on a PC that was showing us what it should look like on the PS3 but at the end of the trailer is shows Xbox and PS3 only.

Also lets be real here for a sec. out of that 11 minutes 9:21 - 10:07 was gameplay.

#53 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,348 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 09 September 2012 - 18:01

I dont see anything that says this game coming out for PC. It ran on a PC that was showing us what it should look like on the PS3 but at the end of the trailer is shows Xbox and PS3 only.

Also lets be real here for a sec. out of that 11 minutes 9:21 - 10:07 was gameplay.

There hasn't been an announcement yet for the PC version but so far, it's possible. The gameplay demo ran on PC hardware. And the Fox engine was designed to develop the same game on multiple platforms (just like CryENGINE 3).

#54 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• 9,700 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 09 September 2012 - 18:19

Amazing graphics. Every time there is a another big improvement it amazes me when I see how far we've come from the days of Pong!

#55 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,382 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 September 2012 - 18:31

The graphics are great, and I am referring to the actual in-game graphics, and not the video cut-scene that spans the first 8 minutes or so of the clip. The detail on Snakes face and the rain running down the environment looks brilliant for example.

Looking forward to seeing this game in it's full form.

#56 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,869 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 00:02

There hasn't been an announcement yet for the PC version but so far, it's possible. The gameplay demo ran on PC hardware. And the Fox engine was designed to develop the same game on multiple platforms (just like CryENGINE 3).

Not only that but Hideo Kojima said way back when they first showed an early Fox engine demo that any game using that engine could be on PC, and I believe he said at PAX that it would be on PC anyways. Same with MGS Rising (which was announced for PC, but who knows if it's coming out on PC now...) I guess, but that's not on Fox now is it :D

#57 OP vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,886 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 11 September 2012 - 00:45

Gameplay will be top notch? Wasn't MGS4 just a bunch of extremely long ass cinematics sprinkled with some stealth movement and occasional shooting (that didn't look that great to begin with)? I mean, I haven't played a MGS game since the first on PC, but I never thought the gameplay was that spectacular in the game to start with. Certainly the story is bat **** crazy to boot :D

I have to say, it really is unfortunate this is the perception of MGS4. Yes, no doubt, it has perhaps the longest cutscenes ever besides the Final Fantasy games, and yes, the story is bat **** crazy, but the game easily has some of, if not the the best, stealth related action gameplay I have ever played in a game, and this includes Hitman, Thief, and Splinter Cell, all games I truly enjoyed.

And honestly to this day, no game has replicated the experience of going from cutscene to game like it achieved. I have shared this moment a few times on this site, but that is because it is worth sharing. The beginning of MGS4 is literally one of the Top 5 gaming moments I have ever had. Watching the 15 minute or so introduction, which was so amazingly filmed and edited it rivals top Hollywood action movies, to then realize "What, I am now in control?" well as I said, I have never had an experience like it, or one since for that matter. I could not 1) believe a cutscene could transition into actual gameplay so fluidly and 2) believe a game could look that damn good coming from a cutscene.

And FTR, MGS4 was the first MGS game I played in its entirety, and I in fact was not a huge fan of the first couple of games, they were in fact to stealth for my liking. But I truly believe they achieved a level of action and stealth with MGS4 that has not really been matched. It is easily one of the best console games of this generation. Easily. I believe it will be a game that will eventually be looked back on as something truly amazing in the genre. I really do believe it is unfortunate it is so easy to hate on because of the cutscenes.

#58 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

• 7,453 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:00

And honestly to this day, no game has replicated the experience of going from cutscene to game like it achieved.

Max Payne 3

#59 OP vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,886 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:16

Max Payne 3

While this is a good example of a game that does it right, still not really comparable IMO. The cut scenes in Max Payne 3 were so stylized with their flashing colors and text flying around everywhere and effects, that it was clearly going from cutscene to game because of how they chose to stylistically do the cutscenes themselves. MGS4, cutscenes vs games looked identical visually, so the transitions really really took a second or two to realize you were back in game, so they were truly seamless. MP3 is a good example though of a game that might have come close, but at least no game I have played or seen has been able to replicate the transitions MGS4 pulled off.

#60 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,869 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:23

Not to mention the cut scene stuff in Max Payne 3 caused my eyes to bleed and I think I passed out at some point from one of them...

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!