nice to see they are changing the price for such a short game and i like that they have different prices for the physical and digital versions of the game. I wish more publishers were doing that.

Looking forward to this!

I haven't used my PS4 much since buying it so this will be a great opportunity to use it fully.

Speaking of PS4, can't wait for MLB 14 The Show as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Context: seems like some stores in the UAE "leaked" the retail copies of the games for both consoles. We'll have to wait and see if SONY and/or Microsoft take any action against them.

You Can Beat Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes In Ten Minutes (Spoilers)

Jason Schreier

The new Metal Gear Solid is short. Really short. Kirk called it "a sliver of a larger, more complete game," and even Hideo Kojima admitted last year that it'd have been ideal if Ground Zeroes was part of the real Metal Gear Solid V, which will be out at some undetermined point in the future.

But for now, this is what we have?and what we have is a game that the folks at Eurogamer were able to complete in just ten minutes, as you can see in the (SPOILERY) video above.

It's not just them. CVG were able to complete Ground Zeroes in ~18 minutes with an impressive S rank:

Of course, that's not to say this is a bad game?Kirk liked it quite a bit?but if you're looking for a longer Metal Gear Solid experience, you'll want to wait for MGSV, whenever that might be.

Source: Kotaku

Is this indicative of the full game? If I do absolutely everything how long does it take?

You can complete Skyrim in 18 minutes, Oblivion in similar time etc.

Is this indicative of the full game? If I do absolutely everything how long does it take?

You can complete Skyrim in 18 minutes, Oblivion in similar time etc.

I get the point you're making but I think a speedrun of Skyrim is still over 2 hours.  The second video shows MGSV:GZ completed in 18 minutes with an S rating.

Edit:  Yup. Here's the link: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/news/skyrim_can_be_completed_in_2_hours_16_minutes.html  2 hours 16 minutes is the record.  An hour longer than Oblivion and Fallout 3.

that is one of the reasons they lowered the price. so far as i am concerned it should have been the free demo and then been included as an into to the larger game like they did with Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of liberty.

:( this video makes me sad, there are just so many moments that are not MGS, the franchise has gotten worse since the release on PS1.

Flight of the Valkyries... seriously.

I get the point you're making but I think a speedrun of Skyrim is still over 2 hours.  The second video shows MGSV:GZ completed in 18 minutes with an S rating.

Edit:  Yup. Here's the link: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/news/skyrim_can_be_completed_in_2_hours_16_minutes.html  2 hours 16 minutes is the record.  An hour longer than Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Ah I miss-read. It was Morrowind that could be completed in under 20 minutes, currently it seems the world record for Skyrim is 54 minutes.

Pretty much another MGS2 Tanker Mission then. No surprise with the pre-release news we saw.

Definitely waiting for a combo-box including MGSVPP

I'm hearing that not only is it short but underwhelming to.  I'd wait for it as well, and probably get both together later in the future for cheap.  I'm in no rush to play MGS, skipped 4 and don't regret it.

Pretty much another MGS2 Tanker Mission then. No surprise with the pre-release news we saw.

Definitely waiting for a combo-box including MGSVPP

Ditto. I've bought every MGS game up until now, but it looks like I'll be giving Ground Zeroes a miss unless it gets bundled with The Phantom Pain in any way, shape or form (or if it gets knocked down to a fiver pretty sharpish).

Have to say there is at least one potential upside to Ground Zeroes: it could set the trend for digital pricing in the future on consoles; in other words, how it should have been from day one.

Definitely a no buy for me.

I'm not a huge MGS fan to begin with and hearing how this 'preview' turned out, I'm in no hurry to buy what will surely be bundled with the full game later on.

MGS5 still has my interest though. It looks like a really fun game with a new spin on the MGS formula imo. This would be the first such game that excited me in quite a while.

#1 it is known as a demo, The Phantom Pain is the full game.

#2 The game is only as fun as the amount of effort you put into it.  I always go stealth, no kills and try to get all the "side missions in".

#3 The wussy slo-mo, targeting can all be turned off.

#4 I don't care MGS is amazing, especially Snake Eater.

#1 it is known as a demo, The Phantom Pain is the full game.

#2 The game is only as fun as the amount of effort you put into it.  I always go stealth, no kills and try to get all the "side missions in".

#3 The wussy slo-mo, targeting can all be turned off.

#4 I don't care MGS is amazing, especially Snake Eater.

Since when did demos cost ?30? :huh:

This isn't the first time this has happened but it has been a while.

Doesn't make it right.  Your list should start with #4, which explains everything.  And I don't mean that in a bad or sarcastic way.  If you're a big fan of something, most anything from that universe is worth more to you than to the average person.  There's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

So much fail with this game. It should be either free, or $4.99 Indie game pricing. I can't believe they sell this with a straight face.

It is not a demo, let's not be too critical. I already put over an hour into it after downloading, and that was just running around, shooting guys, and finding a couple of cassettes. I didn't even start with the main mission. All this speed run crap is just that - crap. Games are entertainment, not a chore. You could speed run through anything in life, ridiculous. I'm not saying GZ is perfect, $30 is indeed too expensive for this, should have been $15-$20. Also, on X1 the visuals are underwhelming, not trying to add fuel to any fires here as i love X1, but it does look like a jazzed up 360 game. Of course that's what it is, but being reminded of it so clearly is slightly offputting.

EDIT: people were fine paying $90 for Planetary Annihilation which wasn't even remotely a demo, it was unplayable, but that was OK cause it's on Steam. That's just one example. Konami are basically asking for help financing Phantom Pain, only they're sneaky about it - fitting for an MGS release. If you care about them and their products, help, if not, ignore them.

I still can't forgive them for replacing one of the most iconic voices in gaming history, David Hayter with Kiefer Sutherland! :angry:

• Like 4