While I think it definitely costs too much (Should have been$15-20), I get really annoyed when people keep talking about offering such a short experience. All I seen last year was praise for less than two hours in Gone Home and somehow $20 for that is acceptable, but when a major developer charges $10 more for a game that is just criminal and should be free. Konami is a much larger studio with much higher overheads and they should be allowed to charge (not overcharge as they have) for an experience that probably took longer to build, offers more content and features Hollywood talent in the lead role.

• Like 1

While I think it definitely costs too much (Should have been$15-20), I get really annoyed when people keep talking about offering such a short experience. All I seen last year was praise for less than two hours in Gone Home and somehow $20 for that is acceptable, but when a major developer charges $10 more for a game that is just criminal and should be free. Konami is a much larger studio with much higher overheads and they should be allowed to charge (not overcharge as they have) for an experience that probably took longer to build, offers more content and features Hollywood talent in the lead role.

Finally, i said it before but no one noticed :D

There is a double standard at play, so-called indies can get away with murder, but so-called AAA publishers are by default greedy criminals who are not allowed to feed their children or make a decent living. Konami has given more to gaming than those Gone Home people or the guys behind The Stanley Parable. Both of those have the temerity to charge you $20, the former can be "speed ran" in less than a minute, the latter maybe five. Of course as we said speed runs are BS, it's like paying for a five star hotel presidential suite just to take a crap and a shower, then check out.

But yeah, as Brendeth said, when "indies" do it it's all praise and oh look at the art of it, but when Konami or anyone else that's considered establishment does it, then oh noes, the world is ending, such crooks :rolleyes:

EDIT: totally agree not retaining Dave Hayter was a dick move on Kojima's part, or whoever made the call not to hire him for this project. Really bad, they had a relationship.

Meh, many games are short if you play with the intention of finishing it quickly. So I take this with a grain of salt, I'm sure it will be short but I take my time and explore. So unless this game is on rails and will not let me deviate at all, it'll be fine (Y). It seems to me this is like GT "Prologue", just a small taste of what is to come. Don't like it? don't buy it. 

• Like 1

I get the point you're making but I think a speedrun of Skyrim is still over 2 hours.  The second video shows MGSV:GZ completed in 18 minutes with an S rating.

Edit:  Yup. Here's the link: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/news/skyrim_can_be_completed_in_2_hours_16_minutes.html  2 hours 16 minutes is the record.  An hour longer than Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Just for fun,

Morrowind in 4:19 Minutes played http://speeddemosarchive.com/Morrowind.html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ari0SkDkI2g1dGViMXBVUi16VHlNS00yRTN5X04yQ3c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

And there you got the current list of times for Skyrim Any%, record at under 50 minutes.

Nothing new here, most MGS games are just basically interactive movies anyways, Ill still buy it though all metal gears have awesome stories

Just for fun,

Morrowind in 4:19 Minutes played http://speeddemosarchive.com/Morrowind.html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ari0SkDkI2g1dGViMXBVUi16VHlNS00yRTN5X04yQ3c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

And there you got the current list of times for Skyrim Any%, record at under 50 minutes.

Wow, that's impressive.  :D  Maybe the 2 hour one I'm remembering is without using glitches.

I still can't forgive them for replacing one of the most iconic voices in gaming history, David Hayter with Kiefer Sutherland! :angry:

When I first heard this my heart sank. David Hayter is Snake, simple as that.

I fell for this trick with GT:Concept, and I won't get fooled again. Hopefully it'll get bundled in to the full game - maybe with a ?5 increase? - otherwise I'll just head to Youtube to catch up on the story (if it's important to the events in MGS V? I have no idea, I've tried to stay away from too much information).

I fell for this trick with GT:Concept, and I won't get fooled again. Hopefully it'll get bundled in to the full game - maybe with a ?5 increase? - otherwise I'll just head to Youtube to catch up on the story (if it's important to the events in MGS V? I have no idea, I've tried to stay away from too much information).

Yes, it acts as a prologue to the story in MGSVPP. How important it is I can't tell you. Technically the story begins with Peace Walker though.

We'll I'm already 8 hours into the game just doing side missions like finding cassette tapes.  I learned that one the antagonists is not who we all think he is thanks to a tape!?!  Drrrrrramaaaaaaa.

• Like 2

im not blasting anyone in this thread - just my 2c:

yes, the game is very short. it's essentially an overpriced tech demo. If you dont want to spend $30 to get a 2hr game, dont. people need to remember to boycott more often. Companies dont owe consumers anything.

Respect that opinion but disagree. It's really not much of a tech demo, either, at least not on X1. It's very clearly a 360 game with more detailed textures and better lighting/more particles. I think it's just a cry for help from Konami...and since i care about them and this hobby that has helped keep me alive on more than one occasion, i pitched in :D

Tomorrow? Different dates for UK/Europe? For me it was...Tuesday!

BTW been playing for over 3 hours and only did part of the primary mission...haven't even found the second part yet. Not sure where these 25 min speed runs come from. Did they overclock the CPU or something?

Got the game a day early (in the uk) yesterday and put about an hour and a half into it, and only done a bit of it so far, really taking my time.

Graphics are great and gameplay isn't too far off classic MGS either.

Paid ?23 for the game which I don't mind so much since when I finish it i'll just ebay it which will offset maybe half of the cost.

Graphics are great and gameplay isn't too far off classic MGS either.

Ugh....someone else said the graphics were like mid gen Xbox 360/PS3 graphics. So confused!

Ugh....someone else said the graphics were like mid gen Xbox 360/PS3 graphics. So confused!

From what i've read the Xbox One graphics are pretty poor but on the PS4 at least they are very nice.

From what i've read the Xbox One graphics are pretty poor but on the PS4 at least they are very nice.

I am reading both the PS4 and X1 are poor, and pretty close. I hope this doesn't mean the final game will look like this. I remember the E3 demo and it looked SICK.

The difference between X1 and PS4 versions are quite substantial, there was screens released a few weeks ago to compare them (posted here).

I'm sure we'll get the DF analysis tomorrow to reveal proper data and numbers though.

Speaking of hayter, what the hell happened to him yesterday on Twitter?  He changes his pic to kief and says something strange I forgot what.

I am reading both the PS4 and X1 are poor, and pretty close. I hope this doesn't mean the final game will look like this. I remember the E3 demo and it looked SICK.

When I put in the game yesterday I immediately thought it looked better than anything else i'd played on PS4 so far (BF4, Black Flag, Killzone, Tomb Raider) so was suitably impressed at a more next-gen game.

I haven't seen the Xbox version but the general concensus i've read online indicates a very poor version there.

As Andrew says i'm sure the DF report will be up on eurogamer soon which should give us a lot of food for thought.

Speaking of hayter, what the hell happened to him yesterday on Twitter?  He changes his pic to kief and says something strange I forgot what.

I don't check Twitter that often - once in a blue moon, or if something is kicking off somewhere in the World - and I don't follow Hayter so I missed it. I looked through his Twitter history though and couldn't find anything, did he remove the tweet?

I also noted that I'm not the only one that wants Hayter back as Snake. Sadly I don't think it will go anywhere, seeing a he was technically fired (although there was never any explanation as to why?).