black mesa half-life official pc mod

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#136 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 16 September 2012 - 14:45

http://wiki.blackmes...y_Black_Mesa.3F

All you need installed via steam is the Source 2007 SDK.

Sweet, thanks :)

#137 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 16 September 2012 - 15:15

Ok I give up, how do I start the game ? lol

I can start the SDK and run a video stress test of the game but nothing says start game

EDIT - Doh, found it :D

#138 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 16 September 2012 - 18:05

I find myself really loving the grain effect and the luminescent toxic waste...

Posted Image

I really can't believe that this is a free game. It's beautiful! This is what I was expecting from Half-Life: Source when it came out.

#139 witalit

witalit

Always looking ahead..

• Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:14

I installed yesterday and wow! Its bringing back memories I tell you but I am luckily playing it on a PC maybe 50x greater then what I had in 1998 lol.

I don't think I ever completed HL1 but this time I will I'm loving it. If you haven't downloaded it already do so now its bloody awesome for free!

#140 cut

cut

Neowinian

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:32

Looks intresting.

#141 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 19 September 2012 - 16:31

I installed yesterday and wow! Its bringing back memories I tell you but I am luckily playing it on a PC maybe 50x greater then what I had in 1998 lol.

I don't think I ever completed HL1 but this time I will I'm loving it. If you haven't downloaded it already do so now its bloody awesome for free!

I agree the whole Half Life experience got me started into computer gaming. Taking my time playing and enjoying it, not trying to see how fast I can get through.

I find myself really loving the grain effect and the luminescent toxic waste...

Posted Image

I really can't believe that this is a free game. It's beautiful! This is what I was expecting from Half-Life: Source when it came out.

That is a beautiful shot. You can really see the luminescent effect.

#142 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 01 October 2012 - 23:44

Is anyone else annoyed by crouch-jumping? I can't pull it off properly 75% of the time. Crouch-jumping in Half-Life 2 was much easier.

Also, I had a head-scratching moment when I encountered a Houndeye early in the game. Every time I reached the area, the Houndeye would uses its sonic attack to make a crate explode which in turn made the floor collapse. My first thought was to try to kill it before it could emit a sonic pulse but that proved futile after a couple of tries. I took a break out of frustration and boredom. The solution came to me as I stared at the loading bar: sprinting. The first couple of tries resulted in being pushed off the floor by the explosion. I don't know if it was luck or skill but I managed to cross the area before the floor collapsed underneath me.

Now that I thought of it, I'd say it's the most difficult gaming experience I've had since my days of playing Donkey Kong 64 as a child.

#143 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:38

Is anyone else annoyed by crouch-jumping? I can't pull it off properly 75% of the time. Crouch-jumping in Half-Life 2 was much easier.

Also, I had a head-scratching moment when I encountered a Houndeye early in the game. Every time I reached the area, the Houndeye would uses its sonic attack to make a crate explode which in turn made the floor collapse. My first thought was to try to kill it before it could emit a sonic pulse but that proved futile after a couple of tries. I took a break out of frustration and boredom. The solution came to me as I stared at the loading bar: sprinting. The first couple of tries resulted in being pushed off the floor by the explosion. I don't know if it was luck or skill but I managed to cross the area before the floor collapsed underneath me.

Now that I thought of it, I'd say it's the most difficult gaming experience I've had since my days of playing Donkey Kong 64 as a child.

There is also a Black Mesa jump fix at GameCopyWorld

http://forums.blackm...ead.php?t=13715
copy this into the autexeccfg file in the config folder for the mod:

//crouch-jump script makes life easier, thanks to mgr.inz.player

bind "space" "+crouchjump"
alias +crouchjump "+jump; wait 5; duckON"
alias -crouchjump "wait 5; duckOFF; -jump"
alias duckON "+duck"
alias duckOFF "-duck"