• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#16 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 03 September 2012 - 15:49

can you do better?

What a nonsense argument. No, I can't do better, but by the same token I wouldn't go around touting how great something will be and then not release it for years.

#17 Descartes

Descartes

Neowinian

Posted 03 September 2012 - 15:53

What a nonsense argument. No, I can't do better, but by the same token I wouldn't go around touting how great something will be and then not release it for years.

I agree, as much as I admire the effort and time they've put into the game, they did **** up this part. They should've kept their mouths shut until it's done :/

EDIT:

It will have improved graphics, better physics and environmental effects and a tweaked story line.

(...)

The Black Mesa team has also edited the storyline to beef up the more engaging parts of the game and eliminate the slower parts.

I think someone got carried away here...

#18 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 03 September 2012 - 16:35

But you WILL be vocal on the wait?

Best probs not say anything.

Also I dont find it nonsense, just a little illogical. Mainly as to ask such a question takes in no real consideration for outside extenuating circumstances, and the plethora of nonsense these community projects often are involved with.

Me im staying skeptical as weve been down this road before, and whilst Im all for getting my grubby hands on this mod, I have a funny feeling its going to fall a little short of the expectation and hype the team has built for themselves over the years.

There PR side is a total shambles, but then for them to have worked on a low profile, I have to wager that they might not have got this far....

#19 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 03 September 2012 - 16:58

This is great! The Xen level will be released in the future won't it?

#20 nub

nub

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:11

You know at the pace they work Xen isn't going to be released for AT LEAST another year. Probably even longer. I don't want to play 3/4s of a game and wait a year to finish it.

#21 comecon

comecon

Neowinian

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:18

Never thought this would happen. Five years I have been waiting for some kind of release. I thought it was close when they released the trailer but that is three years ago now and I had given up completely on it.

Fantastic!

#22 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:19

They said they are going to flesh Xen out and mentioned Xen alone could be its own game.
I'd like to think they've already got the bulk of it done.

Would they be that silly to release part of the game and then spend another year or so to release the final part to it?
Wait a second, don't answer that.

#23 +SOOPRcow

SOOPRcow

Neowinian

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:22

I cant wait to see some of the re-done death match maps! Crossfire!

#24 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:33

lol really? 10 yrs to recreate a sub average game??? Good for them I guess

#25 +PmRd

PmRd

Neowinian

• Phone: Windows Phone 8 (Nokia 1020)

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:48

lol really? 10 yrs to recreate a sub average game??? Good for them I guess

Sub average game? Lol go troll elsewhere

#26 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:50

It's disappointing that it's been 8 years in development and will still be released essentially incomplete, hopefully the Xen levels won't take them too much longer. Still should be good to play

#27 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:50

This announcement made it into the BBC UK & World News feed, which surprised me.

#28 Anthonyd

Anthonyd

Neowinian

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:52

Makes you glad you didn't put down a deposit or put any of YOUR hard work into it.

I commend them...just a group of folks getting together to recreate HL. Nothing to sneeze at...and regarding the enormous wait....can you do better?

Some serious hate here.

SORRY if I'm participating into that thread by sharing my "meh" feeling about the unfinished game that they are releasing. Next time I'll say "yay unfinished game, can't wait to wait to wait to wait for the release date!".

#29 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:57

Sub average game? Lol go troll elsewhere

So he has a different opinion than you so he must be a troll. Grow up.

He's right...while parts of it were ground breaking for its time, it's still just an average game. Also, the last boss was the stupidest thing that I have ever seen in a game. WTF were they on when they came up with that?

I'll probably check out Black Mesa when it comes up but I sure want be treating it like the 2nd Coming like some of you.

#30 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 03 September 2012 - 18:00

He's right...while parts of it were ground breaking for its time, it's still just an average game.

The gaming community and the gaming press disagree with you. It was more than just ground-breaking at the time - it was genre defining. But don't let that stop you complaining.