Elan touchpad drivers for Windows 8

For anyone that has an Elan Touchpad on their laptop, I found some drivers that appear to be fully compatible with Windows 8: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/elantech.htm These drivers enable swipe-in from left to switch apps, swipe-in from right to display charms, swipe in from top to display app controls, as well as multi touch gestures for scrolling and zooming. They're pretty awesome.

I gotta say, with these drivers I'm not longer left wishing for a real mouse...

I tried this - It loads and doesn't crash like previous version, but it's entirely blank the options don't show. I had just tried another version and a few options showed, but the one I want mainly is the two finger tap right click.

Running 64-bit, fully activated.

I was using drivers from here "http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=435&m=S46CM&os=&hashedid=vxr7O9ZbnWI09JJm" and it gives me some options but not multi-touch options.

Works for me too (Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A)

At first, I installed this version over the previous version of the Elan software I had and restarted. Unfortunately, that enabled swipes and gestures, but somehow broke clicking (I could no longer left or right click, either by tapping or by actually pressing the trackpad buttons down).

I then uninstalled this version (used an external mouse!), restarted, reinstalled it, and restarted again, and now everything works!

Basically, you may want to uninstall any previous versions of the Elan software you have on your computer before installing this one.

• 3 months later...

I uninstalled everything and then installed this and I got gestures but still no options. It brings up an empty box with reset to default, apply, cancel and all that but nothing to select.

I'm having the same problem with the blank settings window! on the 11.7.2.1 driver, I get a settings window but some of them don't work (as in toggling between on and off has no effect on the function of the touchpad) (eg. single-tap to click works, as does double-tap to middle click but two-finger scrolling doesn't nor does triple-finger swipe).

On the 11.6 driver, everything except single-tap to click works, and since the settings window is blank I can't change that!

I got the 11.7 from the Samsung software update utility, as it is listed as the most up-to-date driver for my computer there. It says it's for Windows 8 and updated in Sep 2012 but doesn't work properly for half the features. Meanwhile the Windows 7 driver that carried over from before my upgrade to Windows 8 managed single-tap to click, double-tap to middle click and two-finger scroll just fine (but obv not the Windows 8-specific features).

My hardware is Samsung NP535

• 5 months later...

i installed the driver its working fine, but it does not has the option for assigning function to 2-finger tap... can anyone help?? as my click buttons r not working smoothly, i assigned 2 finger tap as right click (pop up menu)

• 4 months later...