Oh waitress, Pooh for two

LEHI ? A young mother of twins took potty training to the table ? the dining table ? in a popular Utah deli Tuesday. And the picture an onlooker snapped and posted on Facebook has a lot of people talking.

If anyone understands how stressful potty-training can be, it's mother of three, Kimberly Decker. In fact, she just finished potty training her little boy and couldn't leave her house for several days during the process. That's why she was so shocked at what she witnessed Tuesday at the Thanksgiving Point Deli.

"I noticed that this lady was having her two ? she had two twins, two little girls about 2-and-a-half years old, sitting on what I thought were booster seats," Decker said.

But after doing a double take, she realized they weren't booster seats, they were child port-a-potties. :|

"She had to undo the jumpsuits, and take them all the way down so they were completely nude, with the jumpsuits down to their ankles just eating their chicken nuggets, sitting on little toddler potties," Decker said.

Decker snapped a picture on her cell phone, while she and her friend stared in awe.

"The more you thought about it, the more unappetizing everything looked around me," Decker said. "I was like this is not ok, we're eating, there was a business meeting with about five or six businessmen going on right next to me. The place was packed."

Spokeswoman for Thanksgiving Point, Erica Brown, said they received several complaints from patrons. Their staff didn't realize what was going on among the crowd until after it was already over, but she added they would have asked the woman to leave and take the potty training into the restroom.

"I think state and local health codes were probably an issue, as well as just social norms," Brown said.

source

Some people honestly have no idea how to act in public. My father is diabetic and needs to administer a small shot of insulin before each meal. It's literally a pen that he pushes onto his belly (can be done THROUGH clothing) for like a second, click and it's in and done and put away. 100% discreet. He still does it in the car purely because he doesn't want to concern anyone else by seeing it. And yet some people still do this sort of thing. Foul!

Selfish lazy assed parents. You gave up your right to go out whenever you want when you opened your legs. And when the rare opportunity does come up when you need to get out, then hire a baby sitter. Same thing goes with putting kids on leases.

If you dont have the time, or energy, to take care of your kids...then dont have them.

• 4 weeks later...

A Utah mom had people?s jaws dropping when she potty-trained her twins in the middle of a restaurant.

Kimberly Decker was one of those restaurant patrons who was shocked when she saw the incident take place at the Thanksgiving Point Deli in Utah. Decker snapped a photo and posted it on Facebook, according to KNTX-TV. The photo went viral and has appeared on television news stations across the country.

Decker says the mother in question lugged portable potties into the restaurant, placed them on chairs and sat her children down on them. At first Decker thought the potties were booster seats but when the mother stripped off her children?s clothes, she realized the twins were going to the bathroom?in the middle of the restaurant in front of other diners.

?She had to undo the jumpsuits, and take them all the way down so they were completely nude, with the jumpsuits down to their ankles just eating their chicken nuggets, sitting on little toddler potties,? Decker told KSL-TV.

Any parent knows that potty-training a toddler is tricky and tiresome. Moms and dads go to extremes to help their children give up diapers, often carrying portable potties in car trunks so they can easily pull over and let kids do their business on the roadside. Or when you?re at a playground without toilets, a portable potty comes in handy. But should portable potties be used in plain view in public places? Definitely not! You take your kid behind a tree or if you?re in a restaurant, you take your child to the bathroom. Or better yet, you keep your kid at home until he?s potty-trained.

Decker told KSL-TV that she had recently stayed at home for several days with her own child to help him learn to use the potty, and she was baffled that this other mother was bringing this private matter into a restaurant.

?The more you thought about it, the more unappetizing everything looked around me,? Decker said. ?I was like this is not ok, we?re eating, there was a business meeting with about five or six businessmen going on right next to me. The place was packed.?

Thanksgiving Point Deli received complaints from customers. ?I think state and local health codes were probably an issue, as well as just social norms,? Erica Brown, a spokeswoman for the deli, told KSL-TV.

The names of the mother and her twins are unknown, which is probably for the best. These poor children don?t need to be further humiliated and have their names attached to a naked photo of themselves going potty at a dining table. You have to question whether Decker made the right choice in posting the photo online.

the video doesn't have the potty training only a picture of it and them talking about it...

and yeah that made my blood boil... and the place didn't even do anything about it...!!!!

• Like 2

I agree, with a but(pun intended). But women want to be able to breast feed in public, so what's the difference really? I don't want to see either of these in public.

I agree, with a but(pun intended). But women want to be able to breast feed in public, so what's the difference really? I don't want to see either of these in public.

Crapping/peeing in public is way different mainly being the smell not to mention ruining customers appetites. Its disgraceful.

Crapping/peeing in public is way different mainly being the smell not to mention ruining customers appetites. Its disgraceful.

And seeing a baby sucking a ###### isn't disgraceful for the woman? I don't know. I do think that the baby needs to eat and what does the baby eat? They suckle the nin-nin. So I am torn on the breast feeding thing.

It's interesting what it says about you that seeing a glimpse of an woman's breast and a person defecating and urinating are even in the same thought.

One of the best steaks I've ever had was at an upscale strip club, btw.

And seeing a baby sucking a ###### isn't disgraceful for the woman? I don't know. I do think that the baby needs to eat and what does the baby eat? They suckle the nin-nin. So I am torn on the breast feeding thing.

Breast feeding doesn't cause a smell. They're not in the same league.

Me either.

What's interesting about this to me is that almost everyone, including that woman, would say the same thing. Who wants someone doing that around you anywhere, but especially at a restaurant?

Yet, she subjected other people to that, probably knowing the whole time that she was doing something despicable. But, she felt it was excusable for her to do, or else she wouldn't have done it.

People do the worst things, knowing that they're wrong, but feeling that somehow it is excusable for them for whatever reason.

What's interesting about this to me is that almost everyone, including that woman, would say the same thing. Who wants someone doing that around you anywhere, but especially at a restaurant?

Yet, she subjected other people to that, probably knowing the whole time that she was doing something despicable. But, she felt it was excusable for her to do, or else she wouldn't have done it.

People do the worst things, knowing that they're wrong, but feeling that somehow it is excusable for them for whatever reason.

More or less an attention ######.

More or less an attention ######.

I don't think she did it for attention. If she did she's regretting all of that attention now.

I think that she felt somehow "above the law". She had an excuse or reason that she'd rationalized to herself that made it acceptable for her to do something that she had to have known was unacceptable.

Some might argue that she was just inconsiderate, but I think it's a display of the degree of her narcissism and sense of entitlement.

I don't think she did it for attention. If she did she's regretting all of that attention now.

I think that she felt somehow "above the law". She had an excuse or reason that she'd rationalized to herself that made it acceptable for her to do something that she had to have known was unacceptable.

Some might argue that she was just inconsiderate, but I think it's a display of the degree of her narcissism and sense of entitlement.

Tons of "moms" out there that think that way too... like they expect everyone to put up with thier BS and it's disgusting... like the ones that change the diapers in public or let thier little ones run around and break stuff and let them scream bloody murder while they ignore them and play on thier phones.... I seen a little girl break necklaces at target and the mom thought it was cute... I told a store person on her and they seemed to be slow about it and not caring much... like the look on her face was like "it happens all the time" or something.... arrrg.

• Like 2