What consumer operating system(s) will you be running by years end?

What operating system(s) will you be running by years end?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. What will be your MAIN consumer Windows OS?

• Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows 9x
  2. 2. I will dual boot with this OS

• Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows 9x
    • None. I won't be dual booting.

Win8..... Say what you want, but it blows 7 out of the water, speed wise. As far as usability.... It's not bad, it's just different. I'm getting used to it.

Windows 7.

As for Windows 8 - its place will be to sit in a VM, so I can keep it at hand, and to see how people bend it to their will. Once it's fully bent, I'll probably capitalize on performance increase, but I doubt it will be by this year's end.

50/50 between Windows 8 and Windows 7. I put Windows 7 though since that's what I'm running now. I am dual booting, but my main OS is Arch Linux so I had to put "Not dual booting". Any chance of an "Non-Windows" OS option or something?

Windows 8 and Mac OS X 10.8 when I get a second Crucial m4 128GB SSD for Mac :woot: :laugh:

This is all on my new build, but I don't know if I should try it out first using my spare WD Scorpio Black being replaced by a 64GB m4 in my laptop? This is too much temptation lol

Edit: Windows 8 was obtained through DreamSpark (w00t for being a college student in CSIT) and I will get Mac after the SSD

Windows 8 on the HTPC and Windows 7 on the workstation.

Server will be 2008R2 when I get the money to build a dedicated box.

Windows 8 as my main operating system and dual booting with Windows 7 just in case a game needs it or something.

Ideally if I had the ??? I'd be using a mac but I don't so I'll probably still be using 7 and re-assess after I hear what SP1 for Windows 8 will bring (assuming it's not just a hotfix bundling pack)

The reason I dual-boot with Windows Server 2012 *currently* is because my hardware on the Windows 8 side currently does not support SLAT/EPT, which Hyper-V in Windows 8 requires; once I upgrade the hardware to solve that, the need to dual-boot goes away. I am currently running Windows 8 Pro x64 (Microsoft Partner) on my *desktop* (Q6600/4GB/AMD HD5450) in that dual-boot configuration.