In just a few weeks, some kind of UFO-related secrets will be revealed at a Smithsonian Institution affiliated museum.

That's the implied promise in the title of a special lecture coming up at the National Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas on Sept. 22.

The secrets haven't yet been revealed, but the players involved certainly present the potential for something intriguing to emerge from this one-night event that's part of the museum's ongoing Area 51 lecture series.

"We looked at bringing in some people to talk about extraterrestrials and UFOs," said museum CEO and executive director Allan Palmer, a highly decorated former Air Force and Navy combat jet fighter.

"We wanted to concentrate on people who had personal stories and exposure to what they thought were real UFOs from the military side, because they might have just a little more credibility than your average Joe," Palmer told The Huffington Post.

Four of the participants had previous American military security clearances:

Ret. Army Col. John Alexander: Former military insider who created Advanced Theoretical Physics -- a group of top-level government officials and scientists brought together to study UFOs.

Ret. Air Force Col. Charles Halt: Former base commander of the RAF Bentwaters military base in England and vital eyewitness to the amazing UFO-related events at Rendlesham Forest in December 1980, where he believed the observed UFOs were extraterrestrial in origin.

Ret. Air Force Col. William Coleman: Former USAF bomber pilot, chief of Air Force public information and producer of NBC's "Project UFO" series.

Ret. Air Force Col. Robert Friend: Former director of the Air Force's Project Blue Book from 1958 to 1963.

The fifth guest at the museum's upcoming UFO lecture is former U.K. UFO desk officer Nick Pope.

What's going to be different about this one-time lecture compared to previous gatherings where military personnel have stepped forward to reveal details about personal UFO experiences?

"One of the things that is different is that you have high credibility vetted sources," Alexander told HuffPost. "What you're getting from this panel are people who have worked with the military, all of whom certainly agree that UFOs are real, and I think most of them would say it ought to be researched.

"Here, you're getting a small number [of participants], but high credibility people."

At the Sept. 22 lecture, Pope will speak of the similarities between how the U.K. and U.S. governments had similar UFO study groups and why both countries officially got out of the UFO business.

While none of the participants of the upcoming lecture have offered a preview of any UFO revelation, Pope promises to disclose "some hitherto unrevealed secrets of the British government's UFO project."

more & video

I want evidence, not a bunch of old men talking about what they saw. Nothing new to what we already know.

First you have to decide what 'evidence' is. :laugh:

Suppose YOU are the witness -- would you want to be scoffed at ?

+1

Put an Alien on the panel then maybe ill listen..

And what if the alien is the human-looking type ?

If you can't provide actual evidence, then as a witness, you should be prepared to be scoffed at, period.

Only if you are a conspiracy theorist whos standard of evidence is set to "special pleading" mode.

Witness of what ? Unless i see something close ie an alien up im not going to jump to the conclusion its aliens from beyond the solar-system.

And what if the alien is the human-looking type ?

Yeah, Science has advanced past using a magnifying glass on corpse's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Genome_Project

Only if you are a conspiracy theorist whos standard of evidence is set to "special pleading" mode.

^ No idea what that even means.

Witness of what ? Unless i see something close ie an alien up im not going to jump to the conclusion its aliens from beyond the solar-system.

^ How will you 'know' that it is an alien ? Or a guy in a costume ? What if you see only the alien craft, doing 'impossible' feats ?

Yeah, Science has advanced past using a magnifying glass on corpse's

^ Many of the 'aliens' are actually human, close to earth people, and are 'descended' from Earth.

DNA would prove little.

And I don't know how you will ever find 'evidence' if you don't get up from your computer, and go to the UFO hot spots. :laugh:

The truth about evidence is that you can find a way to dismiss anything, if you are pig-headed and unscientific.

"We wanted to concentrate on people who had personal stories and exposure to what they thought were real UFOs from the military side, because they might have just a little more credibility than your average Joe," Palmer told The Huffington Post.

As Neil deGrasse Tyson said, it doesn't matter who you are, whether you're a police officer or whatever, your eye witness testimony and what you thought you saw are worthless when trying to prove anything. Human memory and the recalling of memory is terrible, I don't see how being in the military gives you any more credibility over what you thought you saw in the sky or wherever. :/ And as he said, it makes it all the more stupid that we use eye witness testimony as evidence in the court of law after countless experiments have proven that our memory is not as good as we think it is.

- Alera :shiftyninja:

^ No idea what that even means.

It means that if your standard of evidence is so low that you accept this claim because "Allan Palmer, a highly decorated former Air Force and Navy combat jet fighter." you must also accept that the earth is 6000 years old based on the testimony of a creationist geologist Or that homeopathy works because of the testimony of a GP unless you employ (as with practically everyone creationism/altmed etc) special pleading

^ How will you 'know' that it is an alien ? Or a guy in a costume ?

The same way i know the guy in the Barny the dinosaur costume isnt a real live dinosaur, Is this a joke ?

^ Many of the 'aliens' are actually human, close to earth people, and are 'descended from Earth.

DNA would prove little.

Oh thats alright if we can prove comment ancestry of all life via dna we can prove this.

You are struggling to make your claim non-falsifiable, I wonder why...

As Neil deGrasse Tyson said, it doesn't matter who you are, whether you're a police officer or whatever, your eye witness testimony and what you thought you saw are worthless when trying to prove anything. Human memory and the recalling of memory is terrible, I don't see how being in the military gives you any more credibility over what you thought you saw in the sky or wherever. :/ And as he said, it makes it all the more stupid that we use eye witness testimony as evidence in the court of law after countless experiments have proven that our memory is not as good as we think it is.

So why do people get convicted in Murder trials, on witness testimony and circumstantial evidence ?

By that logic, we should always have reasonable doubt.

It means that if your standard of evidence is so low that you accept this claim because "Allan Palmer, a highly decorated former Air Force and Navy combat jet fighter." you must also accept that the earth is 6000 years old based on the testimony of a creationist geologist Or that homeopathy works because of the testimony of a GP unless you employ (as with practically everyone creationism/altmed etc) special pleading

Big difference between eye-witnesses and some geologist 'theory'.

The same way i know the guy in the Barny the dinosaur costume isnt a real live dinosaur, Is this a joke ?

Very dumb comment -- no one portrays Barney as a real dinosaur.

Oh thats alright if we can prove comment ancestry of all life via dna we can prove this.

You are struggling to make your claim non-falsifiable, I wonder why...

And it's clear that you are very blind, and would not accept any 'proof'. :laugh:

They do have a point. Someone who is trained to be an observer has more credibility than someone who does not have that training. I believe they saw something and it was unidentified to them. That still doesn't explain what they saw.

They do have a point. Someone who is trained to be an observer has more credibility than someone who does not have that training. I believe they saw something and it was unidentified to them. That still doesn't explain what they saw.

^ Quite true.

And there are many possible explanations -- which include Intelligent, otherworldly contact. ;)

And it's clear that you are very blind

Right because the definition of blind is someone who doesn't accept your claim.

and would not accept any 'proof'.

Then why did i tell you exactly how to conclusively prove your claim ?

Big difference between eye-witnesses and some geologist 'theory'.

The ironic thing is i agree with you, But you don't understand what the word theory means in a scientific context.

Very dumb comment -- no one portrays Barney as a real dinosaur.

But people do portray bigfoot as a real animal rinse repeat;

^ Quite true.

And there are many possible explanations -- which include Intelligent, otherworldly contact. ;)

And the only way to tell which one of these explanations is true or not is with evidence, real physical tangible evidence

If you are truly open minded, then yes. I want to believe in intelligent beings from another world but I just can't. It doesn't seem feasible to me.

The truth about evidence is that you can find a way to dismiss anything, if you are pig-headed and unscientific.

What's unscientific is accepting evidence without going through any kind of scientific process. Which is what you do Hum.

^ Quite true.

Until you rule out worldly explanations first, you don't jump to otherworldly ones, that would be unscientific. :rolleyes:

the UFO related info is fragments of the weather balloon, as well as people saying they saw what they saw, because they wont get payed for the gig

and i believe there are Aliens, or Extra Terrestrials.

but you have to understand, they are technologically advanced enough to cross Light Years of Space. WTF would they be kidnapping cows for, and the lone person. if they were hostile, they would Park their ship over the major cities, or nuke us from the air.

they are advanced enough to strategically ascertain our technological place in the cosmos by the time they enter the Solar system. they would be able to tell what we could do to them ( aka nothing )

if they were friendly they wouldn't be here at all due to the War Like Nature of the human race. there has been War's and conflicts all across the globe every day since the dawn of time. not to mention all the radio broadcasts of the TV Shows and Movies where we are killing visitors from space

there is no reason they would do anything then other then place a Beacon in the Ort Cloud that read " Beware Lifeforms on 3rd Planet, will destroy themselves in 1000 years )

If you are truly open minded, then yes. I want to believe in intelligent beings from another world but I just can't. It doesn't seem feasible to me.

Growled that's just retarded. An open mind is one that objectively looks at something and rules out all other possibilities before jumping to conclusions of something out of this world. You guys clearly have no clue what open minded means. You're view of open minded means your brain practically falls out.

Growled that's just retarded. An open mind is one that objectively looks at something and rules out all other possibilities before jumping to conclusions of something out of this world. You guys clearly have no clue what open minded means. You're view of open minded means your brain practically falls out.

I didn't say I was open minded.

Right because the definition of blind is someone who doesn't accept your claim.

I made no claim -- but I do know aliens exist -- only the foolish would think that Earth humans are all that is.

But people do portray bigfoot as a real animal

What does Bigfoot have to do with ETs ?

And the only way to tell which one of these explanations is true or not is with evidence, real physical tangible evidence

And what would you consider 'evidence' ? People like you would explain away anything, simply because you worship the god of Science, and believe whatever 'authority' would tell you is true.

You have no ability to think for yourself.

If you really wanted to know what is true, you would go out and investigate for yourself -- not simply accept what's in books, on TV and the internet.

not simply accept what's in books, on TV and the internet.

most of the crap you seem to believe in started in books and then got made into TV programs and then when the internet turned up gravitated there.

Aliens who fly all the way across the universe and then crash land are stupid aliens and if that's how good your aliens are then I don't want your stupid aliens - we just threw a lump of metal and ceramic at Mars and plunged into its atmosphere and then used a parachute and then retro rockets and then a sky crane to gently drop our pressure cargo onto the surface fully functional and working... when your stupid aliens can do that then perhaps you will have proof, until then your alien are just stupid.

And what would you consider 'evidence' ? People like you would explain away anything, simply because you worship the god of Science, and believe whatever 'authority' would tell you is true.

You have no ability to think for yourself.

If you really wanted to know what is true, you would go out and investigate for yourself -- not simply accept what's in books, on TV and the internet.

Romney called, he want's some notes on flip flopping. It's pretty retarded to sit there and make a claim about someone else not thinking for themselves and to not accept whats in books, tv and internet while you willingly accept people's accounts without evidence. It's clear from your own post, you tried to be so open minded that you let your brain slip out a long time ago.