Michael Dorn Confirms He

The main characters of Enterprise acted like 8-year olds with the captain as their teenage father. It wouldn't be unrealistic if they acted a bit more mature about things.

You're talking about 40 year difference at most. Not a 150 year difference.

i dont get the 40 year vs 150 year difference. do you mean in use for 40 years vs the enterprise 150 year operating lifetime. or 150 years future vs 40 years past ?

here are the spec's of the Curiosity Rover, again, not top of the Line, or even close to current. humanity is not going to send people into the cosmos on new and untested tech, they are going to send them on the cheapest ( money doesnt grow on trees on this planet yet ) as well as something that will run for years and years and years. and very easy to repair in the field. with todays tech, and as the way tech has been going, not tomorrow's tech, it just cant be done it would just be to difficult. they wouldnt be able to repair a processor, or memory bank, they would have to replace it. the cooling unnecessary for today computers far outweighs yesterdays computers.

now for Astronomical navigation yes i will agree they in theory would need some serious hardware so they don't run into a comet, asteroid, rogue planet, or whatever. but im pretty shure if they are smart enough to get a habitable ship out past the moon, they could figure it out

http://marsprogram.j...n/rover/brains/ it doesn't say what type of processor it is. it may not even have one with the EEPROM

On-board memory includes 256MB of DRAM and 2 GB of Flash Memory both with error detection and correction and 256kB of EEPROM. This onboard memory is roughly 8 times as capable as the one onboard the Mars Exploration Rovers.

But... But... Wasn't this future erased? ;)

I'd still watch it. But what would be the premise? Klingons are Federation allies, Romulus has been destroyed, the Borg are picking up the pieces after their encounter with a future Janeway, and the Dominion have been banished back to the Gamma Quadrant.

Don't forget Janeway came back with armor and weapon tech that would make everyone near the Federate a non-issue.

About the only species not fully explored would be the Tholians.. but they are always portrayed as xenophobic, but not overtly aggressive.. ala keep out of their space and they won't mess with you.. Well, except in Enterprise, but I chose to ignore that..

I started re-watching DS9 and when I saw Worf, I imagine what this new series would be like. I really hope Paramount or CBS picks it up. It'd be great to watch Star Trek on TV again.

... dont make me read it dude, i got enough novels im reading ATM, Speak up, what turn and revelations, especially regarding the Borg, they are my Favorite Race ( if you can call them that ) in the ST Universe

Read it! I'd have to write a huge wall of text to explain what happens in the Destiny trilogy. And even then, it wouldn't be enough to explain even half of what happens in reasonable detail. I strongly recommend it to anyone that considers themselves a fan of Star Trek. It's even better if you find the Borg to be interesting because it talks about their origins. Unfortunately, it isn't part of the canon Star Trek universe. It doesn't make it any less interesting though.

Don't forget Janeway came back with armor and weapon tech that would make everyone near the Federate a non-issue.

About the only species not fully explored would be the Tholians.. but they are always portrayed as xenophobic, but not overtly aggressive.. ala keep out of their space and they won't mess with you.. Well, except in Enterprise, but I chose to ignore that..

Even with that technology, Starfleet kept it hidden away only to be used as a last resort against an overwhelming threat. If they were to use it, the other alpha quadrant powers would feel threatened. Some may feel threatened enough to launch a preemptive strike.

As for unexplored species, the Tholians aren't alone. We don't know much about the Breen and Gorn (reptilian aliens).

As for unexplored species, the Tholians aren't alone. We don't know much about the Breen and Gorn (reptilian aliens).

Eh. That wouldn't make much of a series. The exploring has been done. Trek needs to do something new if it is to make a return.

As long as they don't get caught up with trying make some grand plot arc throughout the season and/or series that basically becomes the main plot of every episode, like Enterprise.

Star Trek is at it's best when it's basically The Twilight Zone in space.

The best thing about ST original series, TNG and Voyager were the amount of great episodes independent of any plot arc (even getting home in Voyager). Like when Starfleet command was infiltrated by an alien parasite that was trying to secure power by infecting admirals and captains, or the Voyager episode where a copy of the ship and everyone on it was made by a spatial phenomenon but only one could survive. And, who couldn't love any of the episodes when the ship and/or crew become trapped in time?

best news of 2012.

hope it's approved and goes to a pilot & beyond and then survives cancellation. as much as i liked the new trek movie, it wasn't quite "trek".

I would so watch this in a minute if this gets the green light.

I'm all for this, but I would like to see Worf out of his element; maybe commanding a science ship or an old beater without starfleet's latest and greatest tech. The series should be mostly serialized, but with a subtle recurring storyline that maybe gets one or two episodes a season.

I'd prefer to see a start trek with strong arcing story lines rather than more serialization. Just got tired of every episode needing practically the same format and everything gets resolved within 40 minutes. Happily warping off into the distance again and again.

He could have a dog too, and call it Mr. Woof ... I always loved Majel Barret calling Worf that :)

I'd prefer to see a start trek with strong arcing story lines rather than more serialization. Just got tired of every episode needing practically the same format and everything gets resolved within 40 minutes. Happily warping off into the distance again and again.

You mean like DS9?

You mean like DS9?

More like BSG but in the Start Trek universe. I know there were some parralels later on but DS9 very often had many one shot episodes that were not relevant to an overall story, or were too loosely connected.