Photo

Ask questions for Nokia to answer about Wednesday's big announcement

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 pLUSpISTOL

pLUSpISTOL

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2012 - 20:12

This isn't a joke: but why can't Nokia be helpful regarding Lumia 800/900 charging problems. There is a large majority of units which are faulty and even people with contracts are being told it won't be covered under warranty by Nokia care points. Utterly terrible customer service.

#17 Figure 8 Dash

Figure 8 Dash

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2012 - 23:46

Questions for Nokia:

You recently announced plans to become the “where” company, a field dominated by Google. How do you plan to challenge Google’s stranglehold on mobile search?

Do you foresee any future integration between Bing’s online search and Navteq’s mapping services? Perhaps making Nokia synonymous with “search” and not just “where.”

Do you have any products or services planned to attack the business sector?

(assuming a successor to the Lumia 610 is not announced tomorrow)
Do you plan to continue using Windows Phone 7.8 to build low-end devices or do you believe that Windows Phone 8 can be scaled down fast enough to make a significant dent in emerging markets?

Regarding your philosophy on app development… How much does backward compatibility factor into the development process?

While Nokia Drive becoming the default GPS system on Windows Phone 8 is huge, it does de-value your own products just a little. How will Nokia differentiate themselves without the advantage of being the only OEM that offers free voice guided turn-by-turn?

Any chance of a Nokia Windows Phone with a physical keyboard?

#18 +scumdogmillionaire

scumdogmillionaire

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 05 September 2012 - 00:11

Why do you feel the need to replace the Windows Phone Marketplace icon? It's obnoxious. The default looks better.

#19 Auroka

Auroka

Neowinian

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:16

Is Nokia Drive going to be available on all WP7.8 devices or only WP8 devices?

#20 daCrazyDude

daCrazyDude

Neowinian

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:50

One question. Will the Nokia WP8 devices be arriving to Japanese carriers?

#21 Toink

Toink

Neowinian

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:32

Will there be WP8 iterations of Nokia Business Phones (E-series) with native SIP clients and other business centric features?

#22 cut

cut

Neowinian

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:46

Will Nokia push the MeeGo platform further?

#23 McCrazieGoalz

McCrazieGoalz

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:34

Hi there Neowin crew.

Here is my question - it is more of a request though.

Here in South Africa, the stats currently bode very well for Nokia to remain in control of the market. Nevertheless, the focus here has been on the low end of the market. South Africa is a burgeoning market and I feel that Nokia should put its efforts into expanding its range of smartphone WP (7.8 and 8) devices here because there is clearly an opportunity for growth.

The following are the smartphone and overall mobile device stats in the country:
- There are currently 15.9m people in South Africa with a Nokia cell phone. The next most popular is Samsung, with 6.2m users. Just less than 50,000 have an iPhone. Eighty20.co.za (03/09/2012).
- Nokia and BlackBerry dominate SA smartphone market. Out of the 10million smartphones in SA, just over 4million are Nokias while 4.8million are BlackBerrys. Android runs on just about 800,000 devices while iPhones? well see fact above. MyBroadband (14/08/2012)

As you can see, we are a Nokia country.

My problem is that, as a current Symbian S60 device owner wanting to see and have a feel of the new OS that Nokia is now using, I do not see anywhere where I can experience it before I buy. Therefore my question is, why is it that Nokia is not exposing WP OS to the public here through live devices. All I see are dummy Lumia 800/900s and no one can experience the awesomeness of the new OS.

My request therefore is, please Nokia, encourage distributors (resell outlets) to display live devices so that people see and feel how good the OS is particularly the in coming version (WP8 and Win8). Everywhere there are Android devices that people can test out but none of this is available for WP7.x Nokia devices.

In short - Are we going to (or can we) see more live WP Nokia devices at retail stores (network operator and other resell shops) in South Africa?

P.S. There are iStores with at least 20 live iDevices at almost every major mall in Johannesburg.

#24 TakeNothingBack

TakeNothingBack

Neowinian

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:22

My question...

Will Windows Phone 8 include the ability to sync calendar, tasks, contacts, etc. directly with desktop applications, like Outlook? If not, what are Nokia's thoughts on the absence of this feature and it's importance?

#25 Aman K Gupta

Aman K Gupta

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:56

My Question - Does Nokia plans to develop a Windows Phone with physical QWERTY keyboard like Nokia E7 ? If yes, When can we expect it ?

#26 yowanvista

yowanvista

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: i9001-CM11-KitKat 4.4.4 - Kernel 3.4.102

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:34

My question: When will the new Nokia Maps work in other countries?

#27 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:37

Will there be a tablet from Nokia, in the coming year?
Will there be Nokia Windows Phone with a physical keyboard?

#28 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:39

My question, as someone who is patiently waiting to buy a Windows 8 handset - Why couldn't Nokia have been a bit more forthcoming with pricing information, and availability information on the 820 and 920? The handsets got "announced" and bits of information were leaking out, they were doing promotional pieces and seemingly giving the handsets out to bloggers to generate some buzz - but there was absolutely no information on when they'd be available in which regions and for how much. In the meantime HTC released prices for their Windows 8 handsets.

So my question is why didn't Nokia release this information sooner and why is there still no actual concrete information on pricing, etc?