official project cars slightly mad studios galileo pc ps4 wii u xbox one

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#226 Evolution

Evolution

Neowinian Senior

• 4,553 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 20:23

Does anyone know when the next time they'll be accepting more community members? Or will it only be available for purchase when it's finally released?

#227 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,177 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:26

Does anyone know when the next time they'll be accepting more community members? Or will it only be available for purchase when it's finally released?

+1 for that

#228 CromoPT

CromoPT

Neowinian

• 33 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Gio

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:33

Yeah, I would like to know either

#229 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III

Posted 06 July 2013 - 23:14

Theres no ETA i can give on that unfortunatly, but once the developers tell us its possible to add new member i will warn everyone.
Be sure to join our Steam Community HUB if you want to, its updated in a regular basis.

This game looks so good it's silly. I hope my Haswell/dual GTX 760s build will be up to the challenge.

My build with 570GTX SLI can handle it, so i believe a SLI 760GTX will do more than good :p

#230 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:02

Been a while since i posted here but it has been a bit dificult to me to be writing new stuff on the different places i usually visit, so from now on i will be posting mainly news about Project CARS at Steam in the Project Cars Community Hub, sorry about it.

Just so you know briefly what happened since my last visit, the developers acquired licence for Team Oreca vehicles, their LMP2 car is the one so far announced but there might be a few more surprises coming along the way. Dubai Autodrome is now licensed as well so expect some improvements in terms of fidelity and maybe even some other parts of their complex!
A new car is also in development, the 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 DTM, currently using a street version as a placeholder in order to test the physics, this car will be a competitor against the already ingame BMW M3 E30 which will allow everyone to revive those famous battles around Nordschleife and in other DTM circuits.

And here's the bombshell (cant live without one), if you live near Berlin or you are thinking of visiting the IFA 2013 (6-11th of September) you will be able to try out Project CARS running on a brand new Panasonic 4K UHD TV from inside a racing car rig ! That's right, sounds insane doesnt it?

photo-copy-4-1024x768.jpg
photo-copy-3a.jpg

You can read about this and much more at the Project CARS Steam Community HUB, thanks!

#231 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

• 4,394 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:12

So, when will this game be available for the public??

#232 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:45

We are not sure yet, waiting for a confirmation from the developers on that. Forgot to mention that the event at IFA will include a chance to play pCARS in a Tournament in order to win some prizes.

#233 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• 7,894 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 31 December 2013 - 15:41

Yup, This Is Still The World's Most Attractive Racing Game

ku-xlarge.jpg[

At this point, I'm convinced that Project CARS isn't actually a racing game. It's a playable art installation that lets you take pretty pictures of cars. And things other than cars.

I mean, sh**, look at this:

ku-xlarge.jpg

It's grass. From a racing game. I'm looking at grass from the side of the road from a racing game and I want to weep with joy at how utterly beautiful it is. Or there's this:

ku-xlarge.jpg

That's not even part of the actual game, for heaven's sake. It's all the stuff on the sidelines that you're supposed to ignore. Why does everything in this game look so good?!

The blog post announcing this new batch of screenshots boasts that they "show purely in-game footage that has not been made in any special photo mode, using no post-processing or filters that aren't available during the actual gameplay." I'm just having trouble imagining myself playing the actual game with all this eyecandy going on. Hopefully it all looks a lot worse in motion. Anyway, here's some more shots:

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

CARS hits PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U (yes, Wii U) late next year.

Project CARS Community Gallery #76 [Official Site, via DSOGaming]

Source: Kotaku

#234 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,982 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 15:47

It's ###### like this that makes me want to build a decent gaming PC

#235 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,840 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 15:48

Consoles will always get car modelling as good as PC titles, it's the scenery that is always sacrificed.

#236 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,313 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 15:50

It's **** like this that makes me want to build a decent gaming PC

Yeah. I'm not a huge gamer these days so a console suits me just fine, but when I see stuff like this I get a bit envious of the people able to run the game maxed out. When I saw the second screenshot I was almost certain I was looking at a photo. Same for the 5th photo down.

EDIT: Huh, I missed the bit where quoting Nik turned **** in to the uncensored word. Fixed that. :laugh:

#237 vetRadishTM

RadishTM

Neowinian

• 25,346 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 31 December 2013 - 15:57

Consoles will always get car modelling as good as PC titles, it's the scenery that is always sacrificed.

So true.

#238 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,637 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 15:57

The fact that this game is comming to Steam OS is gonna be a huge push forward to the Linux platform.

or so i hope for.

#239 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,177 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 16:01

Can not wait for this! Wish Id bought into it before they closed the alpha/beta buy in option.

#240 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• 7,894 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 31 December 2013 - 16:03

Well, I think this is the key line: "show purely in-game footage that has not been made in any special photo mode, using no post-processing or filters that aren't available during the actual gameplay."

Consoles will take a car screenshot and post-process the heck out of it to get something that looks great.  Apparently Cars can do it right in game.  Big difference.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!