Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Guys prepare your graphic cards, ready up your CPU's, if Project CARS was tempting before.. now it will blow up your mind ...and make you wet!

00b.JPG

00c.JPG

00d.JPG

00e.JPG

01c.JPG

09.JPG

12.JPG

14.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

All the screenshots above were taking ingame by the developers with the improved weather system will come soon to pCARS. From realistic windscreen water effects to the beautiful reflections arounds the tracks to immerse you into the racing even more!

PS: Not trying to bump the thread since it is in the first page so it wouldnt make sense, just showing up a new feature that in my perspective is worth showing !

Great news everyone, the first Multiplayer testing of Project CARS occured today and it went smooth! The developers invited some members to try with them and discussed the progress with them live through a chat meeting. There were 13 players from US, Asia and Europe all playing together on the same server and there was no visible warping or other major issue like it was expected !

MP Test 2 will be on tomorrow @ 5pm GMT - Check the MP Videos @ the main forums and the newest trailer @ Gametrailers

• Like 1

Guess what the devs just release in the new Build 318 - Junior+ today !!

2012-10-08_00028.jpg

2012-10-08_00029.jpg

2012-10-08_00030.jpg

2012-10-08_00031.jpg

2012-10-08_00032.jpg

2012-10-08_00033.jpg

2012-10-08_00034.jpg

2012-10-08_00035.jpg

2012-10-08_00036.jpg

2012-10-08_00037.jpg

Do you recognize it ? :D

^ I do indeed: it's the Nurburgring F1 circuit!

Now's probably a good time for me to upgrade to Full Member level, now that my student loan's in. :p

Whoa, those screenshots look nice. I feel so bad - I spent some money on this game, and have not really played it. Haven't had time :(

Whoa, those screenshots look nice. I feel so bad - I spent some money on this game, and have not really played it. Haven't had time :(

Ditto. My university assignments are carving into my free time at the moment too, so I've barely got any free time for gaming. :(

Aww dont worry guys, for now the track is limited to Seniors + anyway but it will eventually be available for everyone. I hope at least!

Aww dont worry guys, for now the track is limited to Seniors + anyway but it will eventually be available for everyone. I hope at least!

Hmm, according to the release notes for build 318, it already is available for everyone. :p It's the multiplayer that's limited to Senior+ at the moment.

Big News !

Build 321 for Junior+ is available and it allows Multiplayer for anyone with a Full Member access or above.

So start updating and join the servers !

• 2 weeks later...

I wish more games would use the liquid smoke that was first (and only as afaik) shown and used in the DX10 version of Hellgate. particle smoke is so extremely tell tale cgi and it doesn't look good ever, unless the particle count is insane, or until the particles grow large enough to blend.

Bloody hell ! How to join this project or even play a race?

This is what is needed in order to play the pre-alpha, you have the option to choose how much you want to help the devs fund the game using the tools and perks table below.

"PROJECT CARS" TOOLS & PERKS...

TOOLSPERKS.jpg

Each Tool gives you some perks, for example:

Junior is the more limited version, you only have a few cars and tracks to play around and the patches only come once a month.

Full member is one of the most complete packages, only missing 2 tracks Nurburgring GP and Northampton if i recall, you get weekly patches (every friday) and it allows you to play Multiplayer (the ones below dont allow yet).

Once you decide want tool pack you want just follow these simple instructions:

1. Register on the forums
  2. Become a Project CARS Member
  3. Download the launcher from the link at the top of the forum
  4. Install the launcher and start downloading the full client and respective patches

You should then be able to log in to the game with your forum details.

Preview version of the new tire model is goddamn great!

True its pretty sweet, still far from a final work but going on the right direction and thats all that matters :D

I wish more games would use the liquid smoke that was first (and only as afaik) shown and used in the DX10 version of Hellgate. particle smoke is so extremely tell tale cgi and it doesn't look good ever, unless the particle count is insane, or until the particles grow large enough to blend.

Yeah it would be pretty epic but having 24+ player drift races would end up killing even a dual-sli rig with 690 :p

The game is already pretty GPU bound as is. While probably a nice looking option, there's only so much you can do.

So true :)

The game is already pretty GPU bound as is. While probably a nice looking option, there's only so much you can do.

Agreed, especially as they're hoping to release this on consoles as well.

Loving the new videos, BTW. (Y)

Meh, they should add it for those who are capable of running it as we'll as future proofing. Mix in some dynamic adjustments so you get liquid smoke with few cars and volume particles with medium amount and usual particle smoke with lots of cars.

Would be awesome to see liquid smoke from the tires and then the car behind blowing the smoke to the sides with turbulence and he speeds through the smoke wall. Heck my computer was able to handle Hellgate dx10 with liquid smoke way back in the day, should be a lot more manageable today, and more importantly, ?ber sexy :D

Meh, they should add it for those who are capable of running it as we'll as future proofing. Mix in some dynamic adjustments so you get liquid smoke with few cars and volume particles with medium amount and usual particle smoke with lots of cars.

Would be awesome to see liquid smoke from the tires and then the car behind blowing the smoke to the sides with turbulence and he speeds through the smoke wall. Heck my computer was able to handle Hellgate dx10 with liquid smoke way back in the day, should be a lot more manageable today, and more importantly, ?ber sexy :D

Well, if you're keen on seeing it included, head over to the game's forum and suggest it. The game's still in pre-alpha stage, so you never know, it might get added into the final product. ;)

• Like 1