Block in game ads?

Is there any way to block the in-game ads from displaying? The reason I ask is that I only have 300MB of data to use, and I know that these ad's are using the 3G network when I am away from a WIFI hotspot.

Is there any way to block the in-game ads from displaying? The reason I ask is that I only have 300MB of data to use, and I know that these ad's are using the 3G network when I am away from a WIFI hotspot.

Mine doesn't get much use anymore, but if I recall, look up AdFree Android in the market. Not perfect but worked pretty well if I recall, requires root access as it's adjusting the hosts file.

Adfree works in everything other than apps with offline ads, but those won't eat bandwidth anyway, needs root though.

Otherwise, disable internet when away from wifi / use paid apps not free ad supported ones

Not sure about this topic so i'll just say this:

Airplane Mode. (Y)

Not ideal but that's the only "legal" way I can think of.

Adfree must be legal, its been in Google Play for a long time, and rooting is legal

Morally Airplane mode is the better thing to do :)

When ads are intrusive, I block them. I would rather buy a paid version of the app.

With that said, I have been using ADFREE for a while and have not had an issue with it not blocking ingame ads. Works with Angry Birds well to.

There's a couple of ways that I've used in the past:

Ad free is my most used previously, but like everyone else has said, needs root access and is ethically a grey area but I'm not gonna moan about that lol

Also Adaway is a new one coming through the ranks, same as above.

Airplane mode might work with some, offline ads will still get ya though. A few games/apps will pre-load these ads which airplane mode won't help you with.

Thanks for the reply's. How do I go about rooting my phone, and what does that exactly do? Phone is Pantech P8000

Thanks for the reply's. How do I go about rooting my phone, and what does that exactly do? Phone is Pantech P8000

Dude, return that phone and get something different if you can. Yes, you can root the P8000 and use rooted apps, but not much else. I also highly doubt you will get any OS upgrades either. Which means you will still have the issue with apps not supporting your device like you posted in a different thread.

I discovered an even easier method: I simply disabled the 3G network, so it only works when on a WIFI network, problem solved.

• 2 weeks later...