#16 micro

micro

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 September 2012 - 00:14

#17 nominak

nominak

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:02

you can see some jerky bits in the OIS one, which is to be expected I guess.

#18 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:11

you can see some jerky bits in the OIS one, which is to be expected I guess.

Of course it can only stabilize so much… Why do you think professionals go through all the trouble of using rails, gyroscopes, etc. to stabilize cameras?

#19 cooljeba

cooljeba

Neowinian

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:09

This is dumb. In video Nokia show's the guy using the phone to record and then they shoot with something else ? and they apologise since they were caught ?

What if they were not caught, theywould have impressed lot of people on a lie.

I already see a lot of people will try to emulate this same thing on their Lumia phone when it is out and the video will be a fail and will be all over youtube and Social network.

mean while someone at Samsung is having a good laugh~

#20 Shadier

Shadier

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:27

This is dumb. In video Nokia show's the guy using the phone to record and then they shoot with something else ? and they apologise since they were caught ?

I already see a lot of people will try to emulate this same thing on their Lumia phone when it is out and the video will be a fail and will be all over youtube and Social network.

The technology involved is still a major step forward. Even though this video is fake, the examples that have been shown that were actually shot with a 920 have been very impressive. The overall quality of the camera in both the 820 and 920 is superior to anything Samsung has to offer.

#21 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:30

What you expect from verge's bloggers !!! I don't realize they are so dumb to know what diff between ads and real things.

You already said it is 'Ads'. I can post so many Ads that don't reflect the real things.

Like I stated from the other post. You can say Samsung cheats because that girl didn't actually send the video from her phone to the big screen.

Source: http://www.theverge....-are-fraudulent

#22 cooljeba

cooljeba

Neowinian

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:57

There should be strict regulation on ads.. What is claimed should work the same atleast. The video they have posted again is of a man who is talking the video is walking casually on a perfectly still ground and the girl is barely moving unlike the bike video.

I guess that's the reality between ads and the real thing I still feel they would have applied more filters post video recording :p

#23 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:04

This proves their Ads is not misleading the technology of Nokia 920.

There should be strict regulation on ads.. What is claimed should work the same atleast. The video they have posted again is of a man who is talking the video is walking casually on a perfectly still ground and the girl is barely moving unlike the bike video.

I guess that's the reality between ads and the real thing I still feel they would have applied more filters post video recording :p

#24 aviator189

aviator189

Neowinian

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:20

it was a good ad, but the thing works in real life as tons of youtube videos show from the nokia event today. besides, tons of companies do this stuff.

#25 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:55

Nokia photo challenge with the Lumia 920 and PureView camera

Watch the video and see for yourself.

#26 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:39

To play Devi's advocate, never once in the original post did they say that the video was shot using 920. They only said OIS (even before the "correction" and apology).
I guess people at the verge needed a reason to hate on Nokia/WP and they found one.

#27 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 September 2012 - 14:15

Threads merged.

#28 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 September 2012 - 14:27

Such an advert would have been very hard to shoot correctly. They could have had the guy in the van using a Lumia 920, but that still wouldn't have been "real" because he was in a van, not on a bike. As it stands, it would have been very dangerous for them to make an advert in which someone was riding on a bike, one-handed, with no helmet, not looking in front of him, recording a video of the girl next to him on his smartphone.

I would have thought anyone would have understood that. If what they simulate is an accurate representation, what's the problem?

#29 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 06 September 2012 - 14:51

Breaking news: Advertising agency used camera crew to film advert!

This is how ads are made, not to mention the ad doesn't state it wash shot with the 920 anyway.

I would have thought anyone would have understood that. If what they simulate is an accurate representation, what's the problem?

^^^ total sense.

#30 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 06 September 2012 - 15:16

Honestly guys, there are enough hands on with the 920 already and videos up on youtube from said hands-on that we can get a very good idea of the abilities of the camera tech. I honestly have no doubt about it's abilities and for me it's a clear winner. Anyone who goes into a retail shop in the future and sees it first hand compared to the current phone or another phone will be blown away.

Seeing how crazy most consumers are about taking pictures this is going to be a huge selling point for the 920, and if the sales people at the carriers do their jobs it'll be a easy sell as well.