Nokia aiming to launch the Lumia 920 on November 2nd for AT&T

Nokia is aiming for a November 2nd launch of its flagship Windows Phone 8 handset in the US. Multiple sources familiar with Nokia's plans have revealed that the company is currently working with Microsoft and AT&T to complete a number of tests required to sign the device off in time. Microsoft is said to be close to finalizing its Windows Phone 8 software, with a Release to Manufacturing (RTM) due next week.

AT&T is currently testing the Lumia 920 in its labs, with a view to launching it on November 2nd, we're told. Microsoft is tentatively scheduling its own Windows Phone 8 launch plans for October 29th, just a few days before the expected launch date for the Lumia 920. The November 2nd date isn't set in stone, and there's potential for the date to slip further into November if any issues arise during carrier testing, but don't expect to see the Lumia 920 on AT&T before then.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/7/3300063/nokia-lumia-920-availability-launch-date-november-2nd-plans

Is the 920 exclusive to AT&T? Looks like VZW is not getting this device anytime soon :(

VZW might get 822 not sure about 920

VZW is getting the 822 but it pales in comaprison to the 920 :)

Is the 920 exclusive to AT&T? Looks like VZW is not getting this device anytime soon :(

Dunno, but it could be a timed exclusive and verizon could get a tweaked 922 like the 822 we know about already from that leaked screenshot. Otherwise verizons time end WP8 device could be the Ativ S or HTCs top end device, for now anyways. I'm sure Nokia wants to get the 920 out as much as it can.

Any place I can preorder?

Not yet it seems. I bet after WP8 RTMs though?

VZW is getting the 822 but it pales in comaprison to the 920 :)

but still its a high end compared to leaked spec of HTC X8 if they true ;)

both handset adorable would be nice to see both of them on all carriers

..and this is a big mistake. I'm sure we all agree that when Apple holds their announcement next week its usually 2 weeks later that their phones go on sale. So we're looking at the end of september or the 1st week of october. Alot of people just wont wait another month to check out the Windows 8 phones.There wont be any customers left once November (allegedly) comes around.