• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#16 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,132 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:31

Tinfoil hat time again

Honestly, why do people keep posting this nutty literalist garbage.

Anyways, the bible is the biggest tome of fiction in human history, deal with it.
It was created to control and subjugate humanity for the benefit of the "chosen few", and it seems to have done this job well, particularly in America.

I particularly love these stories where they cite "ark experts" from different countries, depending on the iteration of this garbage.
How can one be an expert in something that is unproven and pure fiction.

Seriously over the nutty christian bs generally posted on neowin, and especially at election time

I suppose the main crux of it lies in the fact that people find it their life mission to try and disprove something that they themselves were not privy to, nor are even 'sure' did, or did not, occur.

"How can one be an expert in something that is unproven and pure fiction"??

Ask atheists, or evolutionists, or the majority of folks that believe strongly in truly unproven hypotheses. 'Ark experts' may be a good stretch when the only mention is in obscure texts from the time, and an account of the dimensions, but then again, even that is more to go on then connecting the dots on a lot of the beliefs that folks have simply because they wish it to be true, simply because their minds have settled on it, in order to give their lives meaning and to fend off the onslaught of darkness and nothingness that lays in wait outside of the self-constructed norm on which they cling. Even science would be forced to acknowledge that anything is possible until proven right nor wrong - that is true wide-eyed wonder and scientific approach. Anything other than that is coming from a bias and a self-appointed place of 'knowledge', which is of course, against science itself.

So what if 'nutty christian bs' is posted anywhere? Why does that offend your self-imposed sense of reality and logic so much? Do you think that what you 'know' is so right that it gives you the right to call it 'fiction' and 'nutty'? If so, how is that any different than how the people who do believe in it carry themselves and express their belief?

#17 Guest_LiquidCrystalMeth_*

Guest_LiquidCrystalMeth_*

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:42

I suppose the main crux of it lies in the fact that people find it their life mission to try and disprove something that they themselves were not privy to, nor are even 'sure' did, or did not, occur.

"How can one be an expert in something that is unproven and pure fiction"??

Ask atheists, or evolutionists, or the majority of folks that believe strongly in truly unproven hypotheses. 'Ark experts' may be a good stretch when the only mention is in obscure texts from the time, and an account of the dimensions, but then again, even that is more to go on then connecting the dots on a lot of the beliefs that folks have simply because they wish it to be true, simply because their minds have settled on it, in order to give their lives meaning and to fend off the onslaught of darkness and nothingness that lays in wait outside of the self-constructed norm on which they cling. Even science would be forced to acknowledge that anything is possible until proven right nor wrong - that is true wide-eyed wonder and scientific approach. Anything other than that is coming from a bias and a self-appointed place of 'knowledge', which is of course, against science itself.

So what if 'nutty christian bs' is posted anywhere? Why does that offend your self-imposed sense of reality and logic so much? Do you think that what you 'know' is so right that it gives you the right to call it 'fiction' and 'nutty'? If so, how is that any different than how the people who do believe in it carry themselves and express their belief?

I dunno, i just like to apply rationality into my every day life.......

And i do find the nutty christian bs offensive as it expresses a belief that has no basis and its purpose is to indoctrinate.

I dont post pro-atheist stories on neowin, and im not trying to force my beliefs on others, but i will reply to christian bs stories and apply rationailty

#18 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,725 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:50

Article is over 2 years old, AND at the top it says: UPDATE: Experts Suspect Ark Is a Hoax

#19 TheICBM

TheICBM

Neowinian

• 8 posts
  • Phone: Smoke Signals/Carrier Pigeons

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:06

Not quite the Ark I was hoping for :/

Posted Image

#20 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:57

I found a old looking peice of wood in a nursing home it could be from the ark... I think

#21 Guest_LiquidCrystalMeth_*

Guest_LiquidCrystalMeth_*

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:09

I once wrapped a dead possum in a sheet before i buried it, and only later noticed how the sheet had an exact image of the possum, though oddly it was a negative image. Im thinking of starting a cult based on this, and other tenuous "proof" though.

Im currently watching the classic (and bad, though funny/good bad) movie, Biggles: Adventures In Time, and its closer to reality than this crap.

#22 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:32

eeeeeepy! that's creepy!

#23 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

• 2,740 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:56

Oh man, not this crap again! Sheesh, they need to give it up already!

#24 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 7,412 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:00

Stopped reading at "evangelical"

#25 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:02

Oh man, not this crap again! Sheesh, they need to give it up already!

you know how really old guys are with thier wood.... LOL

#26 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,580 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise & Server 2012R2/08R2 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:10

Ask atheists, or evolutionists, or the majority of folks that believe strongly in truly unproven hypotheses

http://www.nature.com/hdy/journal/v86/n1/full/6888080a.html
:cry:

#27 vetJohn S.

John S.

 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• 19,541 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:26

Already posted by you Hum....2.5 years ago...same link :laugh:

http://www.neowin.ne...ark-been-found/