Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:27

That's a slick looking caddy!

I'd love to take that for a spin.

#4 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,258 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:28

Can't deny that the V is one of the hottest looking cars on the road. I'm proud to have Caddy as an American company.

Hennessey really knows how to stretch the barriers of fast ass cars. What's the top speed of this one?

edit: Looks to be 242mph. Not quite a Veyron killer, but pretty damn impressive regardless.

http://www.foxnews.c...ac-cts-v-coupe/

#5 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,758 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:29

Meh...it's a modified car, so not the same as what Bugatti did. If Cadillac themselves produce this car, then that would be a fair comparison. I do love the fenders on this.

#6 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:29

I love the look of the Caddys. That thing looks incredible. Do want!

Meh...it's a modified car, so not the same as what Bugatti did. If Cadillac themselves produce this car, then that would be a fair comparison. I do love the fenders on this.

More importantly to John Hennessey, Dürheimer said that the car will be "faster than anything on the market," and he included tuner cars.

#7 S.MULLA

S.MULLA

Neowinian Senior

• 4,257 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:41

its american.... cant handle corners... enough said...

#8 OP vincent

vincent

Neowinian Senior

• 21,227 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:44

typical response. Have you ever driven a Cadillac?

#9 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• 9,869 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:48

Don't believe everything you watch on Top Gear. American cars really don't deserve that reputation any more. I just got back from the states and spent a day driving around in a Dodge Challenger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi engine - it exceeded all of my expectations and really was a hell of a fun car. Ride quality and handling were impressive.

Anyway - on topic. Maybe in a sprint this will beat the Bugatti.. but that's all it has. The Veyron has build quality this car can only dream of, and I'm willing to bet reliability too... this is a Cadillac (and a very good one.. I'm not taking anything away from it) with performance modifications bolted onto it. The Veyron is more than just a car. Performance is only part of what makes the Veyron so special.

#10 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,258 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:51

Don't believe everything you watch on Top Gear. American cars really don't deserve that reputation any more. I just got back from the states and spent a day driving around in a Dodge Challenger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi engine - it exceeded all of my expectations and really was a hell of a fun car. Ride quality and handling were impressive.

Anyway - on topic. Maybe in a sprint this will beat the Bugatti.. but that's all it has. The Veyron has build quality this car can only dream of, and I'm willing to bet reliability too... this is a Cadillac (and a very good one.. I'm not taking anything away from it) with performance modifications bolted onto it. The Veyron is more than just a car. Performance is only part of what makes the Veyron so special.

The Veyron has a better 0-60 and 1/4 mile time, but it's pretty darn close. It would probably come down to the driver.

#11 drazgoosh

drazgoosh

Neowinian

• 1,210 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:51

Looks nowhere near as nice as the Bugatti. The Veyron has an aura of luxury and class about it. This is only a car of speed.

#12 Tager

Tager

Neowinian Senior

• 2,225 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:53

whoa, that's nice looking!

#13 +Lovell

Lovell

,l,(-.-),l,

• 1,672 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:53

It seems as if a lot of car companies seem to miss whats great about Buggati, it's not just the speed it's the comfort, all of the innovation, hard work and precision engineering all to create the perfect car, when you create a car that has all that makes a Buggati great then I'll be impressed.

#14 what

what

Neowinian Senior

• 7,498 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:55

Dunno about anyone else but I wouldn't want to be driving a family car that has 1226hp being sent to the rear wheels. The Veyron makes the speed accessible and it totally unfazed by hard acceleration and high speed. I don't know if the same could be said for this. I mean, the Venom GT is an awesome piece of machinery, but good luck taming it on full attack.

#15 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,758 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:55

Looks nowhere near as nice as the Bugatti. The Veyron has an aura of luxury and class about it. This is only a car of speed.

Exactly, Cadillac interiors compared to even the Veyron's interior makes the Cadillac look like a Scion. Even for a luxury car maker, Cadillac doesn't sport very nice interiors. Plus, all the sharp corners everywhere in their design, just plain meh. But, you just can't argue with the performance of the regular CTS-V.