• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#61 OP n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 19 September 2012 - 23:44

I've lost all the commands I ran (set it up in a temp folder) but basically you have to setup a new repo, download the existing branch, then add a new update and commit it (which will ask for your git username and password, both in asterisks so read the input box because I didn't :p) and it'll open vi (set it to nano if you don't have/like vi) and ask you to say what the updates are for, save file and exit and it uploaded them.

#62 Engergetiic

Engergetiic

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 20 September 2012 - 00:28

I've lost all the commands I ran (set it up in a temp folder) but basically you have to setup a new repo, download the existing branch, then add a new update and commit it (which will ask for your git username and password, both in asterisks so read the input box because I didn't :p) and it'll open vi (set it to nano if you don't have/like vi) and ask you to say what the updates are for, save file and exit and it uploaded them.

Jesus, quite easy then :p

#63 Matthew_Thepc

Matthew_Thepc

Neowinian

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:41

Jesus, quite easy then :p

LOL, that's why I gave up on github until they released their Github for Windows app :)

#64 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:11

Because I hate Arch. Might as well be Egyptian hieroglyphics. If we can actually base this on Fedora or Debian, then I am all in.

so why not just install something like noobuntu? Basing something off Arch or Gentoo is the better way to go

#65 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 16
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:55

hey n_K any further forward?

#66 Engergetiic

Engergetiic

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 20 September 2012 - 21:31

LOL, that's why I gave up on github until they released their Github for Windows app :)

But what about us people that are in the the fruit company camp? :D

#67 OP n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 September 2012 - 00:09

Not as of yet, spent the day trying to work around annoying headaches with esxi and osx, only to find the day was spent wasting my time ;/. (for anyone that's interested the lesson is that UEFI/EFI sucks, grub2-EFI can't do ****, it can't chainload, nor can it boot from CD, all it can do is boot linux when a kernel and initrd is present, so it's a complete waste of code and webspace hosting it. HPIUTIL is pretty nifty for making bootable CD images whilst cdrtools is absolutely useless and if you want to waste your time and try getting mac running in esxi then don't bother with the EFI method because it'll bitch at you asking for a response at each turn on if you've got more than 1 CPU or CPU core about stability and if you use an iso as a bootdisk, it'll also pester you with each darn power-up to ask you if you really want to eject the CD-ROM [and quite where it even gets the idea to eject the CD-ROM is something I haven't managed to find out]).

But anyway, I'm unsure of how to do manual partitioning in the GUI? Was thinking about a graphic that updates to show you say a pie-chart of available/used space or something (generate it with PHP, output it to a png and import it into the installer) and maybe a list with the partitions to make? Also I've no idea how to go about allowing editing of partitions either, say if the drive has a windows partition, how to get that displayed and add extra partitions to the drive :s

#68 OP n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 September 2012 - 15:49

Alright got to the stage of implementing checks on the data for people to put in such as username, name, etc. so if anyone wants to figure out the regex of what's allowed (Do linux usernames support regex?) and post them, that'd be great!

#69 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 21 September 2012 - 18:59

looking good n_K. Glad you were able to get up and running. Sucks not having time to do any work on this, as I had the C# stuff coming along nicely.

#70 OP n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 September 2012 - 19:50

Error highlighting with the first data input screen and some input sanitation.
Gonna add a popup if people click next and either passwords are blank, and system location is getting removed/merged with timezone to create a timezone file, and gonna add a language dropdown instead.
Refreshing for network works and only displays valid devices, not sure if it's gonna work on all systems though (as it gets data from 'ip link') or with other network types/device names. Although I've added 'already setup' to network types for people that can set it up themselves (as it's a live-cd, I'd assume the probably will... Plus we're gonna need to put cntlm on this live CD! :p)

On and now the left navigation doesn't re-align (and look back) when the option is changed! :D

Attached Images

• SL1.png

#71 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 September 2012 - 20:27

awesome it looks good

#72 OP n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 September 2012 - 18:08

Added a few more bits.

Attached Images

• SL1.png
  • SL1.png

#73 OP n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 September 2012 - 18:57

(The partition not being bold just now and welcome having HTML tags has been fixed btw :p)
PHP file itself is up to 798 lines/30KB.

And I'm still not sure how to implement partitioning :/. Also for the pages for selecting what web browser/if to setup google drive, etc. not sure what info would be needed for that, nor what to do about installing GRUB (Ask if they want grub? Ask what drive to put it on? etc.)

#74 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 September 2012 - 19:20

its looking great, i am not sure about partitioning at all

cant u ask what drive it should install grub to and have a list?

#75 OP n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 September 2012 - 19:46

Can do but it'd depend on if they want grub installed or not, plus the type of grub (EFI vs BIOS) plus if it'd need to add windows or other OS's and whatnot :/