Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 posts in this topic

We have some videos we're putting online for some staff members to watch. We tried using HTML 5 tag, but a lot of staff uses Firefox. We are looking at doing two different versions, but wondering if there is a good way to get one video to work on all platforms.

We use Chrome, Firefox, and IE. We also have users that have iPads and Android devices and want them to be able to view if they want to. We can't upload to Youtube or other streaming service, as they are copyrighted and being used for staff training. We are putting them into a private Moodle installation for viewing.

TIA!

Ooooh, I'd recommend using Real Media Encoder so they can download the plugin and watch them back in Real Pla... Buffering... Buffering... Buffering...

;)

Ooooh, I'd recommend using Real Media Encoder so they can download the plugin and watch them back in Real Pla... Buffering... Buffering... Buffering...

;)

Haha. I'm so glad I don't have to mess with Real anymore. Still see some Quicktime stuff from time to time.

If you want to go with HTML5 stuff then

Chrome support H.264, Ogg Theora, WebM

Firefox support WebM, Ogg Theora (while H.264 with Microsoft released plugin - if not wrong)

Safari support H.264 (not use so no issue)

IE support H.264 (while WebM with Plugin from Google)

So go ahead with WebM.. Android also support it.. Only issue will be iDevices.