Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Huge complaint about windows 8... Can this be fixed?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

So far, my biggest complaint about windows 8 is the fact that on my 2nd monitor, videos stutter with every single player and updated drivers when I'm playing games. There has got to be a solution but I can't find it. Do you guys have any?

Posted

What's your hardware?

Posted

What graphics card do you have? On Windows 8 I can play a game on one screen and watch a HD video on the other, both full screen @ 1920x1080 without any stuttering (old graphics card - nVidia GTX 260).

Posted

I have an ATI Radeon 5650M and if I have anyone fullscreen like a game on one monitor, the other monitor runs at a stupidly low FPS. Doesnt matter how demanding the game.

Posted

Probably comes down to drivers not being updated for Windows 8 (a.k.a. just like problems with Vista)

3 people like this

Posted

Keep in mind latest nvidia drivers are still beta drivers :p

Posted

One of the reasons I've stopped using Windows 8. Maybe when drivers get updated I'll be back, but we'll see what the future brings.

Posted

I have an ATI Radeon 5650M and if I have anyone fullscreen like a game on one monitor, the other monitor runs at a stupidly low FPS. Doesnt matter how demanding the game.

Seems to be an issue with AMD 12.8 drivers at present. I had issues with waterfox, did complete uninstall, folder delete, restart, reinstall and would still crash ever so often. Happens with the Modern music app at times too. Followed a thread somewhere where it said delete the driver in device manager and restart and the afore mentioned programs haven't crashed yet.

Posted

I'm running an Intel i7-2600K, 32gb ram, nvidia geforce gtx 560ti video card. There is absolutely no reason it should be happening based on hardware specs.

Posted

Yeah but it's the driver that makes it work with Windows and it's software, I'm guessing you'll just have to wait for an update.

Posted

I'm running an Intel i7-2600K, 32gb ram, nvidia geforce gtx 560ti video card. There is absolutely no reason it should be happening based on hardware specs.

Must be the driver, I have 2 x 6850s and am currently watching a film on HDMI and typing this on DVI (GPU 1) without any stutter or flicker and can play games on either fine (Except for AMDs HDMI scaling issues)

Posted

WDDM 1.2 windows 8 drivers are a bit flaky. Windows7/vista graphics drivers should still work, though they don't have access to WDDM 1.2 features.

Posted

Probably comes down to drivers not being updated for Windows 8 (a.k.a. just like problems with Vista)

^this.

Also keep in mind that the GA is set for October, the current window between RTM and GA is always an issue when it comes to find good drivers.

Posted

I have the 6570hd and I have zero issues with my 2nd monitor, a 60" plasma used for home theater.

Posted

No issues on my AMD but several nVidia friends have this issue. Thats three in a row from the less than fine folkes at nVidia on hitting release.

Posted

Relax BRAH! Drivers are coming!

Posted

This, unfortunately, is one of the perils of early adoption.

Posted

I was having this issue.

Solution 1: Right click on game .exe then Compatibility set to windows 7.

Posted

Driver support for the 5 series nVidia cards seem to be wishy-washy since it's now 2 generations old there's a lot of issues that have been left cold. Hope this works out for you. I'm considering upgrading my 570 to a 770 because of other related issues.

Posted

A lot changes in a year.