Photo
google fiber

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 hjf288

hjf288

Korean Crazy Man!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:31

NAS drives allow sharing over the internet, Gigabit Upstream would be a massive improvement for stuff like this :) I wish in the UK we was on at least 20Mbps upload now. Upstream is also important for games and when there are a lot of users on a network, it would benefit too.

BT's VDSL 2 allows upto 20Mbit/sec upload speeds atm so it's deffo available in UK

#17 Bizkit

Bizkit

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 October 2012 - 20:52

Posted Image

Wish there wasn't such a huge monopoly on internet services in this country. This is my Time Warner speed. Highest non-business service they offer. I pay $75 a month for this.

#18 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 01 October 2012 - 21:02

It's an odd example of a free market economy both working and failing at the same time :wacko:

#19 I am Reid

I am Reid

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:10

Posted Image

Wish there wasn't such a huge monopoly on internet services in this country. This is my Time Warner speed. Highest non-business service they offer. I pay $75 a month for this.

it really just depends on where you live, I get much better speeds on timewarner here in ohio. I usually get 30Mbps+ here, which honestly at this time is more than enough for the vast majority of users out there, myself included. Its the horrible 0.98Mbps upload that I get that is a joke.

It's an odd example of a free market economy both working and failing at the same time :wacko:

yes true, and like I said to the above post, it depends on where you live for now. The good will succeed, it eventually always does, just a matter of time.

#20 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:20

This doesn't do anything but **** me off. I love where I live, Don't get me wrong, but my one caveat is that the ONLY internet provider i have is ATT. I get a letter in the mail two days ago saying that they are going to shut down their old POTS system, and move everyone to U-Verse. Thats all fine and dandy, but now my rock solid 1.5/256 dsl is going to be cut in half to 768/128. This really ****es me off that every cable company here terminates their lines not more than 125 feet from my door, and will not hook up ANYTHING even if I supply the cable. So now I get to decide on a stupid ass cap of 40gb/month with satellite, or 26KB/sec download speeds. Its stupid.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!