Google+ now at 336 million active users

A new report by GlobalWebIndex says Google+ has 336 million active users, making it the fastest growing social anything ever by far, and suggesting that it dwarfs puny Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest and Tumblr.

Google+: Thanks to integration the rest of the Google product range, G+ has 336 million active users, a 58 per cent increase in the past six months. China, India and Indonesia dominate usage and globally 120 million active users have shared photos through the service while 108 million have hit a +1.

Screen+Shot+2012-09-10+at+10.58.17+PM.png

REPORT PDF: http://globalwebinde...ive-Summary.pdf

If we know that Facebook has near 90 million fake accounts, Google+ seems to be catching up quickly to Facebook.

Who here said Google+ was a ghost town again?

and yet my feed is still mostly populated with advertisements and organizations rather than people talking.

Try actually following people and things you are interested in.

It's like signing up for Twitter and then saying but I don't see anything in my twitter feed :D

So what defines "active"?

posting links to Google+, commenting, posting photos to it, posting videos to it etc etc..

It's basically posting stuff and interacting with Google+. The reason they get growth like this is because all of their products are linked up together to Google+ so it's very easy for you to share an email/or respond to Google+ directly from Gmail, or you can post to Youtube stuff directly to Google+ and stuff like that.

It doesn't mean you post stuff to Youtube and that counts as Google+ active user. No, only your interaction with Google+ counts.

does liking a video in Youtube get counted as a like on google+ ?

I know i had a weird situation for a while where my like button on youtube was replaced by a G+ button.

No.. only if you +1 it or share it on G+ or I think it might count if you use and post that video in Google Hangout.

Yeah yeah, it's a damn success... And yet I can't still find a single reason why I should waste more time on a social network other than Facebook. Features? Oh please, social networking isn't about features, circles of whatever: it's about people, and Google+ is a desert for me and will probably stay so forever....